Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Jason Seeburn Poll

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want to hear what Jason has to say?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Yes, because he is such a dolt, I enjoy laughing at him.
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Yes, because he is wise and insightful.
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Yes, because he has a right to post here, just as I do, and the internet is the only example of a free society, and if I don't like what he has to say then I just won't read him.
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 13

Pop Fly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:11 am    Post subject: The Jason Seeburn Poll Reply with quote

jason_seeburn wrote:
I will continue to give advice to people who might want to hear what I have to say.

Okay...who wants to hear what JS has to say?

Last edited by Pop Fly on Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total
brian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As promised, I voted 'Yes'. For pure entertainment value alone, nothing beats a Jason Seeburn post.
Aristotle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentlemen, is it really necessary to to slag someone just because they have a different opinion than your own.
I have not heard the individual in question ever intentionally give bad advice or act maliciously.
A little allowance for youthful enthusiasm may be in order.
We were all young and a little naive once. Are we not teacher's of the young and inquisitive?
One would think that after teaching in Taiwan we would have little more appreciation for enthusiasm and the pursuit of insight into our profession.
A.
Mozilla

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aristotle is correct.

It's always good to hear many different opinions...as long as it is respectful and well intentioned.
Pop Fly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay...I've added an option...to be fair.
Fortigurn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aristotle wrote:
Gentlemen, is it really necessary to to slag someone just because they have a different opinion than your own.

This is not 'slagging', nor is the issue that he has a different opinion.

The issue is that he is consistently rude, abusive, and destructive to the discussions.

Quote:
I have not heard the individual in question ever intentionally give bad advice or act maliciously.

This is not the issue.

Quote:
A little allowance for youthful enthusiasm may be in order.
We were all young and a little naive once.

I think he's old enough to know better. When you are an adult, you must assume the responsibilities of an adult.

Quote:
Are we not teacher's of the young and inquisitive?

Yes, and we teach them that when they are rude, they get a solid smack. Jason is rude, and he needs a smack.

Quote:
One would think that after teaching in Taiwan we would have little more appreciation for enthusiasm and the pursuit of insight into our profession.
A.

The issue is not 'enthusiasm', nor 'the pursuit of insight into our profession'.

The issue is Jason's hijacking of threads, and his abuse of forum members.

I am so thankful that here in Australia we do not have that ridiculous piece of legislation called 'The First Amendment'. In Australia you are held responsible for your actions, and for your speech.
Fortigurn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mozilla wrote:
It's always good to hear many different opinions...as long as it is respectful and well intentioned.

Jason's posts frequently fail your first criteria, and that is the issue here.

I come to this forum looking for information. I do not come to see the antics of some internet attention wh0re.
Aristotle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you truly feel offended and consider Mr. Seeburns comments to be so objectionable why don't you submit a request that this individual be banned from posting here, to the moderators.
I know some of them personally and can assure you that they are quite reasonable in these matters.
Fortigurn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aristotle wrote:
If you truly feel offended and consider Mr. Seeburns comments to be so objectionable why don't you submit a request that this individual be banned from posting here, to the moderators.
I know some of them personally and can assure you that they are quite reasonable in these matters.

That is an excellent suggestion, thank you.
Therkiel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit of a lurker, so most of you won't know me, but I'd like to put in some fairly objective input, not knowing anyone here personally, just having read a lot of the discussions. I have to say that I DO respect him. He said that his experiences are not for everyone, and he recommends things based on his experiences. If you disagree with him, that's entirely your right, but I've seen many people, not just Jason, get petty, and I think he deserves a fair voice here. If you're going to ban people for being argumentative, then I think most of this forum will end up leaving.

When I first browsed this site a few months ago, only he and Aristotle stuck out in terms of knowing what's going on, and I notice strangely enough, that Aristotle, even though he may disagree with Jason on some accounts, was quite reasonable and sensible in his responses. Coincidence? I think not.

Anywhoo, this poll was rather juvenile, imo. If you have a problem with him, discuss it like a man (or woman), don't use a sarcastic, loaded poll. Just my two cents.
Ther
Fortigurn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Therkiel wrote:
If you're going to ban people for being argumentative, then I think most of this forum will end up leaving.

If you read the poll, and you read the subsequent posts, you will discover that the issue is not that Jason is 'argumentative'. This is a strawman.

Quote:
Anywhoo, this poll was rather juvenile, imo. If you have a problem with him, discuss it like a man (or woman), don't use a sarcastic, loaded poll.

The poll is not loaded - it provides more than sufficient opportunity for Jason and his friends to support him.

The issue here is one of common courtesy, at the very least. That is the issue here. That issue is not juvenile. The behaviour Jason has exhibited is juvenile. A grown man ought not to behave as he does.
Andy in Taiwan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having lived in Taiwan for four and a half years I can say with a high degree of confidence you need an onward ticket when coming to Taiwan. I was almost barred from boarding a plane eventhough I had a contract in Chinese, all my paperwork and a two month visa. Jason go blow it out your ass man you have no clue.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: