Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching Japanese in India?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Henry_Cowell

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you would be right, sir.
chaskarmukund

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: Teaching Japanese in India? Reply with quote

Michael188 wrote:
Hi,

I know its a strange title for ESL web forum. I hope some ESL Teachers, or someone working in the software industry ,in India might know the lay of the land in India with regards to language instruction.

I live in Japan. I am looking for a change. My Japanese girlfriend wants to come with me where ever I go. I suggested India. She likes the idea, but has no idea what she can do there. She scored over 800 on TOEIC. She speaks English everyday at her two jobs. I suggested that she might be able to teach Japanese to software engineers in India. She is a certified Japanese Language Instructor.

I just wonder if this option is possible. Why do I think it might be an option? Well, I see more and more Indians in Tokyo and other cities in Japan. A good number have to be working in the IT field. I know I should talk with them and I will, but I hope some in India, working in the software industry or teaching English, might be able to help concerning the possibility of teaching Japanese there.

Thanks for any help.

Hajimemashite,

I wonder, did you visit India with your girlfriend. Now, the couple of years have passed by since you posted. What was the response.
One might have thought that teaching Japanese to Software Engineers, is a funny job. In fact, it is not. As of now, one can find more and more Indian Engineers in Japan. It would surely help them, if they are acquainted with the Japanese culture and language long before they enter Japan.
It is a practice in IT companies to give Japanese training. In this context only, I am asking about the latest development.
Take my example only. I hardly speak any Japanese but I teach Online English since last 3 years in India. Now I am in Tokyo, I am continuing here also. Would u like to comment on this. Could you give more suggestions. You are welcome.
Thanks,
Mukund
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> India All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: