Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

whoops, my tourist visa expired!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cachay?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: whoops, my tourist visa expired! Reply with quote

After 16 months of popping to Argentina every few months, I got my dates mixed up and I have now overstayed my 90 days tourist visa by 4 days. Does anyone have any advice as to what to do here?
I have a ticket home for March (1 way), would they just let me through and on to my flight or would there be a fine? What would happen if I tried to cross to Argentina this week? I think there is the option to buy another 90 days for 100+ dollars or so at the Gobernaci�n, but hoping for a cheaper option.
Hopefully someone can give some advice!
Thanks.
chini

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you�re lucky, they might let you through, but a friend of ours was stopped at the border and had to return to Santiago and pay the fine at extranjer�a before attempting to cross again. If I were you, I�d go to extranjer�a in Moneda and pay the fine.
chini

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you�re lucky, they might let you through, but a friend of ours was stopped at the border and had to return to Santiago and pay the fine at extranjer�a before attempting to cross again. If I were you, I�d go to extranjer�a in Moneda and pay the fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Chile All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: