Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seasons Greetings!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daveryan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Vermin Reply with quote

"Yet gradually he mustered force to put the sin at a distance. And at last his eyes seemed to open to some new ways. He found that he could look back upon the brass and bombast of his earlier gospels and see them truly. He was gleeful when he discoverd he now despised them"

Dave
xxx
richard ame

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: Hey! What's happened to the goodwill??? Reply with quote

Once again a thread gets highjacked ,thanks Ghost! you really know how to *^^''*!!! people off . The op was a little gesture of goodwill and harmony between fellow teachers who contribute to this forum . Sadly one poster on a regular basis seems to have a god given right to spoil it for everybody ,the only good thing in your favour ghost is that your responses are only slighter better than indifference ,perhaps thats what we should treat you with , indifference .
Maybe fellow posters the next time our common boil on the bum of this forum posts, he should just be ignored . What say you ???
yaramaz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum has been disconcertingly silent this week. This is the second day in a row where I have reached out for my lunch hour dose of ghost and rhetoric and found nowt. Very disappointing.

Is everything too calm and happy right now for everyone? Should I ask prompting questions? For example, do you get time off during the kurban bayrami and if so do you plan to stay in Turkey during that time? I ask this mainly because last year I stayed here during the festival (divided between Antalya, Istanbul, and Kayseri) and had a really hard time dealing with all the blood, gore, and carcasses on the street. Here in Kayseri, people were getting on public buses with bags of bloody sheep parts and in the vezirhan and bedestan there were stacks of skins and entrails and bloody puddles. This year I'm going to London for my two weeks to sit in cozy pubs, read english newspapers, check out a few art galleries, museums, bookstores, etc. I think I just need a break...

Opinions?
ghost

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject: response to Ame charlatan Reply with quote

The only people who are pissed off are people like you about whom the truth has been spelled out...

Of course being unmasked as an incompetent semi literate individual is not pleasant...but nor is the result for hundreds of unfortunate Turkish students who have had the misfortune to be conned into signing up for classes with someone of your lowly worth. And you claim to be teaching University level classes - what a joke.
scot47

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: spook Reply with quote

That is better ! That is the spook that we know and have come to hate !
yaramaz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back, ghost, I actually missed you! You really perk up my day with a good debate. Appreciated, though I don't always agree with you.

After you leave Turkey for good, do pop round this forum from time to time to liven things up! Very Happy (and no I am not being facetious-- I do like your way of not mincing words)
ghost

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reality check Reply with quote

One should not worry about a tiny minority of losers on this forum...and those unfortunates are typically losers in most of their encounters and locales...because their attitudes are faulty, and secondly they do not have the brain power to argue their disapproval in a coherent, logical way. Typically these individuals simply resort to crude language and threats when they get even a whiff of opposition.

The worst part of it is that some of these people are teaching or aiming to teach, and one can imagine the destruction they leave in their wakes with those types of attitudes. They may influence students into thinking that foreign teachers are an obnoxious lot.

This is perhaps one of the few professions in the world where yob like, uncivilized individuals can hide under the mask of a respectable profession and obtain gainful employment. It is frightening to contemplate this, and discourages many from continuing in this oftentimes 'devalued' exercise.

Fortunately the vast majority of posters are sensible and reasonable, and as Yaramaz says, may disagree in their philosophies, but accept differences of opinion when voiced appropriately.
daveryan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Yobs and such Reply with quote

It strikes me that the only poster guilty of regular yobbish behaviour is his holiness himself. I refer of course to one 'Ghost', Christopher, or even Christine, I care not which. I find it ironic in the extreme that said spirit dares to cast aspertions on the credibility of teachers that have chalked up many years of success in Turkey while he has managed to achieve a dismal record of failure in such a short period of time. Just how many schools have you been through this year 'Ghost'? And how does this compare to the records of Richard and colleagues who have been in Turkey for several years.

His suggestion that he alone is worthy of the title 'teacher' is equally perplexing, especially when considering that one of the schools misfortunate enough to employ him, and apparently;subsequently dismissed the fool following an allegation of what in the teaching profession as a whole would be considered as child abuse.

In the short time that we have been aquainted he has insulted virtually every aspect of Turkish culture, customs and behaviour that he has mentioned. Regularly spouted sexist, racist and ageist rubbish, and generally proved himself unworthy, in my opinion, not only as a teacher but as a member of the human race.

On that note I must whole-heartedly concur with Richard's suggestion...ie, ignore him unless he has anything reasonable to say of course which I very much doubt he is capable of maintaining for more than a post or two.

As a farewell of sorts Ghost, despite your overall offensiveness, I cannot find it in myself to wish you harm. Perhaps you will eventually find the peace and harmony that you so obviously seek. Whether that may be while trunding through the streets of some obscure English sea-side town in an ice-cream van or joining the chorus line in 'The Lady-boys of Bangkok'.

I bid you farewell

Dave
yaramaz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will still defend ghost because his comments make me think hard about my life here and what I value about it. My need to argue with him forces me to articulate these feelings in print, in retaliation, in defense. I'm glad to have done so because now I have a clearer idea about my Turkey, my Turkish friends, my Turkish job, my Turkish city, etc, etc. I rarely agree with him, but that isn't important. We are all entitled to our opinions, and even though ghost is stunningly unpopular in this forum, I will still welcome his posts.
FGT

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Yaramaz here: love him or hate him, Ghost is Ghost. He's livened up this forum and I certainly hope that he eventually finds happiness (wherever it may be - it probably won't be in Turkey) meanwhile we can remain here and I hope we can continue to enjoy life in this wonderful country.
In response to Yaramaz's query about the forthcoming bayram: I suffered single days off for Christmas and New Year, now I get my just desserts: 9 DAYS' HOLIDAY!!!! I'm looking at package tours to European cities. Currently debating the pros and cons of Paris and Florence/Venice. Comments/suggestions please. For many years I've lived in Turkey and visited my country of origin (England) on holiday. I now feel the urge to go ABROAD again. Time var, money var, OK. Last time was a week in Berlin in 1998. It's time!!!!
scot47

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: assault Reply with quote

Just a minute ! Let us cast our minds back a few weeks or months. Which poster here was fired for physically assaulting a pupil ?
yaramaz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FGT, the KLM Turkey website is having a seat sale right now- approx. 170USD and up for flights from Istanbul to everywhere in Europe and many places worldwide. With tax the total is about 275USD and up for European destinatons. I flew to Paris for Christmas and will be going to London for the bayram. I was going to go somewhere more... ummm... exotic but after so long in Kayseri I was craving all things familiar (bookstores with English books! pubs! annoying ex boyfriends!).
ghost

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply to mob rule Reply with quote

Correction - those three pieces of garbage (Daveryan, Ame and Scott) are still engaging in defamation and libel. They should have been kicked back to their rat infested council estates in Britain and Scotland a long time back.

To set the record straight this poster never assaulted anyone. In the general mayhem of the classroom a student made contact with the whiteboard. It was simply a situation that could have happened anywhere.

As for the constant innuendo about alternative sexual preferences Mr Garbage himself (Daveryan) seems to have an obsessive interest in the subject, which indicates he is nothing but a pathetic closet case himself.
yaramaz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Scotland was a country within Britain, ghost. England, Scotland, Wales together form what is formally known as Great Britain (or Middling Britain or Bollixy Britain or however you prefer)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: