Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Info about Al-Hayat Universal Bilingual School (HUBS)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ummimraan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject: Info about Al-Hayat Universal Bilingual School (HUBS) Reply with quote

I am just curious if anyone could tell me what it is like to work at this school. How are the other teachers, work load, students etc...

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
15yearsinQ8

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: hubs Reply with quote

as a relatively new school, it has not established a credible tarckrecord yet
enchoo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: What is the word on Hayat Universal Bilingual School??? Reply with quote

What are the atmosphere, pay and living conditions like? How is the director like? How are the Kuwaitis generally speaking? I have just been asked to see if I can teach 3rd grade all subjects. Do they pay on time?
Ashlee Peppercorn Monday

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I interviewed with them earlier this year. Met with a Mrs. Raja, nice school..It appeared to be your average private elementary school. Staff that I did meet seemed friendly and nice.The school is located in Salmiya, very nice area, maybe 2 blocks from the waterfront Corniche.
Ashlee Peppercorn Monday

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of pay, I was offered 850 KD about 2800 USD. They provide you with an apartment within walking distance. Overall, seemed like a good place. If I had stayed in Kuwait I would be working there now.
bluemoray

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Any more info about HUBS Kuwait Reply with quote

Hello,

I am interested in knowing more about this school in terms of the amount and countries represented of native English speakers currently teaching at HUBS Hayat Universal Bilingual School It has an American program so I assume there are Americans.

Is this school a chaotic mess with a lot of classroom management/discipline needed or somewhat more organized and predictable and students focused on learning something.Yes I know no school is perfect.

I have taught in the Middle East in Saudi Arabia and Oman and I know about some universities there and some elementary schools in Oman which are chaotic nightmares. Also taught in international schools in Thailand.

I have an Masters of Education and TESOL. I am American but have lived overseas for awhile.

I've been offered a teaching post from Hayat Universal Bilingual School. I have spoken to Raja and yes.... as said.....she is a pleasant lady at least from our phone interview. But nice is not always good and sometimes direct and business cold like is better. I care about fairness not niceness so much.

Anyone working there now this year or last year can shed some more light on the HUBS school in Kuwait (there is another in Qatar)

I have seen photos of my housing but don't know what iits like ...clean? etc. I don't have a great correspondence with the staff....they don't seem to reply and the website is very limited. Even when it was not Ramadan it is hard to get any correspondence .... but it is not the first place in the Gulf that has done this.

Never lived in Kuwait. Looks more expensive than Oman or KSA.

Any info on working at this particular school HUBS Kuwait would be much appreciated.

thanx
OkinawaTe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are a couple who joined the teaching staff of HUBS this academic year. From what I've observed, the school seems well organized and takes a good care of its teaching staff. Feel free to email me / leave a person message if you need more information.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't receive PMs until you have made a number of posts... 5, I believe. (this is to stop spammers Cool)

VS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Kuwait All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: