Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Excellent opportunity or not?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeanluclenormand

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Excellent opportunity or not? Reply with quote

Any experience or contact with this school in Paris?
They appear to have a solid management structure and good working environment.

I've taught in Spain for about a 6 months, so I can swap suggestions, if you like!

Let me know what you may think about this pay?, 1.800 euros/month- serious contract - according to all French regulations. What do you think?

Last edited by jeanluclenormand on Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:02 pm; edited 4 times in total
fancynan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard of them but 1800 euros a month sounds better than average for a language school in Paris. After you talk with them, will you post your impressions?
lolwhites

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1800 euros pcm sounds almost too good to be true. You'd have to teach in the state sector for 7 or 8 years before you could expect to earn that. How many hours does it involve?
jeanluclenormand

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: correction Reply with quote

the amount discussed is for senior returning teachers doing max hours - not typical
lolwhites

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the maximum is how many hours? How often can you reasonably be expected to be offered max hours? And is the teaching "on site" or do you have to do a lot of travelling?
jeanluclenormand

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: not yet certain, LOLwhites. Reply with quote

Perhaps...may I suggest a bit of co-op research that may facilitate this thread - your q's? I will update as I have specific and meaningful detail.

LOLwhites, what has your exp. been like? Lot's of q's, but little context to your inquisition...please contribute anything that may be helpful. Thanks!
lolwhites

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't actually worked for these people, which is why I'm asking all this stuff. Basically I'm trying to establish what you have to do to earn 1800 euros pcm; it seems quite a lot but if you have to work yourself into the ground and have no time for yourself, it still wouldn't be worth it IMO.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> France All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: