Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ONE WAY TICKETS AND BOOKS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sambeckett

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: ONE WAY TICKETS AND BOOKS Reply with quote

Hola. I do not want to burdon the all ready growing list of new comer questions concerning Colombia but then again: Who else is there to ask?

1) Question One: I am coming to Colombia to work and live. Does anyone know if I would have to purchase a round trip ticket to Colombia?

2) Question Two: I am a writer and a teacher. I need to bring a hundred or so books with me for my studies. Has anyone shipped bulk items from Mexico or other countries? Any suggestions?

For your time and consideration, I wish to thank you.
Saludos cordiales,

SB
lozwich

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: ONE WAY TICKETS AND BOOKS Reply with quote

sambeckett wrote:
1) Question One: I am coming to Colombia to work and live. Does anyone know if I would have to purchase a round trip ticket to Colombia?

That depends on what type of visa you'd be entering on. I think tourist visas require a round trip ticket, or proof that you're going to leave.

sambeckett wrote:
2) Question Two: I am a writer and a teacher. I need to bring a hundred or so books with me for my studies. Has anyone shipped bulk items from Mexico or other countries? Any suggestions?

My computer came from the US via DHL. I use DHL a lot to ship out of the country and find they have a better service than FedEx here. I can't remember which one is cheaper. Make sure its going to be received by someone who is going to be home, or a building with a reliable doorman. You could also look into shipping companies, but I don't know how much they cost. It can be quite a pain in the rear getting your stuff from the shipping company once it arrives too.

good luck,
Lozwich.
mononoaware

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I arrived with only a one-way ticket and didn't have any hassles. The customs agent said, "Turista?" I smiled as charmingly as possible, said, "Si." and that was it.

I think officially you may need proof that you're exiting the country, but I took my chances and had no problems.

Just sayin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: