Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paris will be my new home

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:32 am    Post subject: Paris will be my new home Reply with quote

Heya

Just needed some advise on getting a job in Paris.
How easy is it really?

I will be moving to Paris in September, would it be in my interest to apply now?

I don't complete the TESOL course until May. Would employers consider giving conditional offers?

Please help!
scot47

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 1:52 pm    Post subject: who are you Reply with quote

Holders of a passport from an EU member state have an easier time than North Americans, Ozzies or Kiwis.
zakiah25

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:19 pm    Post subject: The last time I saw Paris? Reply with quote

Ah, Paris in the Spring! How I envy you going there without even a TESOL Certificate yet!
*#*# I think I'll go and burn my Masters Degree in Applied Linguistics certificate and what the hell, I'll throw in my 2 Bachelor Degrees as well!
bnix

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:02 am    Post subject: Bonfire of the Vanities? Reply with quote

Zakiah strikes again! Mordant,deadly humor! Yeah, "Z"...since some people out there are always telling us "that qualifications don't matter...what REALLY matters is that you are a good person,have charisma,blah,blah(or fill in the blank with any of a multitude of other dubious reasons for trying to teach with no qualifications)....maybe we should all symbolically torch our qualifications.However,I guess those of us with less"charisma" might be left out in the cold with no jobs in TESOL,while those "charismatic" rascals get the best jobs!

Scot makes a very telling poiint.If the original poster does not have EU citizenship,it is going to be difficult(if not impossible) to teach in France.The people who have been in this field any length of time know that realistically,there are some places it is virutally impossible to get a teaching job...Scandinavia,Switzerland,and some others.Paris?Well,a lot of people would probably like to teach there....but actually teaching LEGALLY there will probably be very difficult for the person in question. At any rate,he could enjoy the Parisian ambience,sip some coffee at a sidewalk cafe....even if he is unemployed. Rolling Eyes
elainenatal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 1:10 am    Post subject: Wow! How exciting! Reply with quote

Hey Ken/Barbie er.....I mean Jin! This is so peachy, keen, cool! (Screech, gush).Can I come to visit in the hols?
Jin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 11:42 am    Post subject: Reason for moving to Paris Reply with quote

I'm getting married in September, my fiance is from Paris.

That is the reason for my move.

He already has a permit. I have an EU passport.

This has to work in my favour.

Oh well even if I dont get a job - I'll be living it up in Paris.

Lol, and if you want to visit you cheeky monkeys, just send me an email. Very Happy
elainenatal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: best wishes for the wedding Reply with quote

I send you my good wishes for the wedding. Also, I hope you enjoy teaching in this field. Maybe once you get your certificate , you will go on and do some further studies sometime in the future.
Thanks for being a good sport.
Jin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 10:43 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thank you for the comments.
I will consider all options available to me.
I already have a BSc in Business and Computing. The TESOL course is a back-up plan really.

I'm not moving until September, so I still have a few months to think about it.

Thanks again Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: