Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Applied to Saudi Aramco yesterday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tweaka

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Applied to Saudi Aramco yesterday Reply with quote

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here works for Saudi Aramco? I've read the website and it looks really great! I would love to "meet" a teacher from Saudi to see if this is something that is doable.

Thanks
T. Dilek
scot47

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are Aramco doing direct hires again ? For a long time they used teachers from contracting firms who were notorious for offering poor working conditions.
desertmonkey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all , especially Scot47,

Do you know how Algahtani (Haka) is as a sponsor for Aramco teaching jobs at Aramco Training Centres?

The salary they are offering is about �2000, single contract and benefits. Working hours is 40/week with 25hrs "contact time" with paid 42 days vacation plus public holidays. How does this contract sound to you ?
I'm yet to hear the result of my interview from them but I guess it would be useful to get some more background info.

Thanks a million.
Anytime now

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Low Salary Reply with quote

That's a pretty low salary at ARAMCO. It seems most of the universities and some of the companies believe they are now in a position to offer less money and less benefits these days.

However, the current flare up in Lebanon/Gaza and potentially Syria/Iran is causing EFL instructors to cancel their appointments.

Ask for more money and/or benefits. We are now in a position to do so, but with the way bureaucracy moves in the Gulf, it may not hit them for a year yet. Better to wait a year or two perhaps?

Anytime Now
scot47

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a 'non-Aramcon' working for Aramco you will be a second-class employee, denied benefits and access to the good things that the Aramcons get.

Lots of resentment opver that !

I'll stick where I am thanks very much.
tweaka

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my contract today.

I'll have to decline because they waited until now which is less than seven days before the start of my contract here. Rolling Eyes

The pay is really good. REALLY good. If someone offered you 2000 dollars or even pounds sterling... you're getting ripped off.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get the same contract again next year.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But, from your other thread, your offer was not for TEFL, but for something related to your PhD? (too bad they waited so long to answer you...)

VS
Anytime now

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: PM Reply with quote

Hello scot47 & tweaka. Have sent you personal messages.

Regards,

Anytime Now
glenharvey3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scot47 wrote:
As a 'non-Aramcon' working for Aramco you will be a second-class employee, denied benefits and access to the good things that the Aramcons get.

Lots of resentment opver that !

I'll stick where I am thanks very much.

hi there my husband has been for interview for contract work through haka what are the working conditions like he will be training mechanics and they said we will be in the euro village what is this like we have two children 10 yrs and 20 mnths boys we will all be relocating he has not been offered it yet but there is loads to concider any sugestions or advice would be so appresiated thankyou anni
ymillington

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: interviewing next week Reply with quote

I am interviewing with the company next week as an Advance ITC Teacher. I am being interviewed by a hiring outfit and I am sort of wondering what I might be getting into. I've read the previous posts and there doesn't seem to be anything definitive in them.
Cleopatra

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

However, the current flare up in Lebanon/Gaza and potentially Syria/Iran is causing EFL instructors to cancel their appointments.

It is???
Mia Xanthi

Location: why is my heart still in the Middle East while the rest of me isn't?

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: look at the date Reply with quote

That one got me, too! I had a good laugh when I finally checked out the date. Plus ca change.... Very Happy
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Cleo... you might not have noticed that was a post from 2006... Laughing Though like you I don't recall that situation, but there could have been newbies that chickened out over news reports...

VS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: