Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Black Sea and teaching opportunitıes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theresa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Black Sea and teaching opportunitıes Reply with quote

İs anybody currently working ın the Black sea area? İ want to stay in Turkey but not where İ am and today someone told me that the locals up there have a good sense of humour which would certainly make a change from all the complaints. Any ınfo gratefully receıved. With bayram coming up does it make sense to try and apply for jobs now? Does anyone know of any schools ? İ suppose that it would be a good idea to go there and knock on doors. Smile
dmb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought- most of the schools will be closed for Bayram.
Goforth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Trabzon, on the Black Sea Reply with quote

There is a nice little school in Trabzon called Only English, formerly The Only English School. It's on a side street off Maris Caddesi. They are always looking for native speakers and offer a reasonable salary. You might also find work at Tomer or in The Anatolian High School. The Black Sea Technical University is also a place to try - they offer the best salary in the city, approx $1000 per month for prep school.

Trabzon is a cool place to live in. Even though the salaries are pretty low, it's cheap and the fresh mountain air - if you can get it - is worth a packet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: