Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lots of summer jobs...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil_b

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to point out that some FE colleges run "Summer Schools" - when most of the full-time staff are on holiday - so you might be able to pick up hourly-paid or agency work - The pay will be much better than at Language schools (around �20/hour in London). These positions probably won't be advertised so just give your local colleges a ring and see if they're doing it...
Dedicated

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: jobs in Manchester Reply with quote

There have been several jobs advertised recently for summer work in Manchester. Check out <tefl.com> on a daily basis - today, there are vacancies offered with iQuest in Manchester (but I know nothing about them).

If you have a relevant Masters + DELTA, you may be able to get some pre-sessional work at one of the universities, who advertised on <jobs.ac.uk>

Hope this helps!
wulfrun

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: jobs in Manchester Reply with quote

Dedicated wrote:
There have been several jobs advertised recently for summer work in Manchester. Check out <tefl.com> on a daily basis - today, there are vacancies offered with iQuest in Manchester (but I know nothing about them).

If you have a relevant Masters + DELTA, you may be able to get some pre-sessional work at one of the universities, who advertised on <jobs.ac.uk>

Hope this helps!

thanks, will check out iquest. have already taken a few from tefl.com. dont have relevant masters or delta.
Dedicated

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:14 am    Post subject: Jobs in Manchester Reply with quote

Wulfrun,

Check out summer work through MJA Language Ltd at Chethams School of Music in Manchester (ww.chethams.com).

They want teachers (degree + CELTA necessary) from 9th July to 8th September. They offer full board + accommodation + about �290 a week.

Hope you get fixed up!
wulfrun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, very kind. unfortunately, i dont even have celta (yeah, i know i should), and just have to wing applications on my experience in china and the uk.

think i'm gonna be returning to my old place in cambridge.
SueH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're at it again this year as well!

Additional little point: they say 'The salary* will be paid as a fee for the whole period of employment and is payable fortnightly in arrears.' which being the cynical old bat that I am I assume to be some way round the minimum wage laws..
SueH

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick PS. If an employer claims your accommodation makes up for the fact that you are below minimum wage bear in mind that they are only able to value it as follows:

"Accommodation offset

The daily rate of the accommodation offset is �4.46 (�31.22 per week) for each day that accommodation is provided. "
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: