Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rio de Janeiro: House to Share in Lapa

View previous topic :: View next topic  
teaguetod

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Rio de Janeiro: House to Share in Lapa Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

I�m an English teacher in Rio, and I rent a big old house in a vila between Lapa and Barrio de F�tima. I was sharing the place with another English teacher, but he�s leaving, so I�m looking for another housemate. Any English teachers currently in Rio (or, possibly, arriving very soon) and looking for a place to live are welcome to contact me about sharing this place.

Here are the details: 2-story house, 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms (+ 1 WC), big front living room, big kitchen, roof terrace where you can get some sun or lie in a hammock in the shade, built-in brick barbecue grill (we�ve hosted a lot of churrascos and parties here), 2 �reas de serv�cio. 2 of the bedrooms are very big with private bathrooms & air conditioning, the other 2 are smaller but still livable.

Located 4 blocks from the Arcos da Lapa (about a 5-minute walk): close, but not too close, to all the noise and craziness of Lapa on the weekends. 10-minute walk to downtown. If you teach classes in companies in the center you can walk to work.

The street is safe; none of the people living in this house has ever had a problem. The vila is totally safe inside because the residents all know each other and watch who is coming and going. It�s off the street, so the only noise we ever hear is from the children playing inside the vila.

Price: R$500 + bills (splitting gas, water, light, phone+internet). No condominium charge like in an apartment building, since it�s a house. Price will be less if more than 2 people are sharing (we�ve had 4 teahcers living together here before). Remember, you�ll pay just as much or more to rent a room in a Brazilian family�s house, with a lot less privacy and freedom to do as you please.

If you�re interested you can call me at (55) (21) 9282-8050 to have a look at the house.
(If you contact me on this forum, it will take longer for me to get back to you.)

Thanks,

Todd
andidance3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this a typical rent for rio? just curious

i'd love to live there, sounds great, but i'm not there yet!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Brazil All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: