Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Russian Director wants me to send lesson plan. Ideas?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psychedelic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: Russian Director wants me to send lesson plan. Ideas? Reply with quote

Hello all,
I contacted a school in Russia. The Director wants me to send a detailed lesson plan to him. ** Is this commonly asked for in Russia when applying for an ESL teaching position? Just curious.
Here's the scenario/his words: "It's a plan for a 90 minute lesson,there are 8 students of Pre-Intermediate level. The topic of the lesson is the Present Perfect vs. the Past Simple. The students studied the Past Simple before and this is the first time that they will learn about the Present Perfect. We know that many foriegn teachers don't like teaching grammar, but it is very important for our students as well as speaking,listening,reading,etc. Please,make the lesson plan as detailed as possible,so that we could understand your methods of teaching." ** What do you think? ** Ideas? ** Can anyone name some good English grammar books/on-line sources for ideas? ** I'm wondering how detailed that I should be?

Thank you!! Smile
waxwing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the big EFL schools in Russia that I applied to asked for a lesson plan like that (not exactly the same, but similar). Seems like quite a good idea to me.
Have you done a TESOL or CELTA? If so this should be a breeze really.
Don't be afraid, they just want to get an impression of how well you know the basic ideas of teaching methodology, and if you can organise your ideas reasonably well on paper.
Gordon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My advice is to try this on your own. If you've had any training you should be able to do this easily. If not, than maybe you should work some place easier or get some training. A CELTA is a good place to start.

The lessonplan should be very detailed. Write it out and let a friend read it and see if they understand what you are trying to say. I'd say it should be a couple of pages in length.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: