Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calling Q-Tel SIM card in Indonesia

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Imdramayu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Calling Q-Tel SIM card in Indonesia Reply with quote

Has anyone ever successfully called a mobile phone with a Q-Tel SIM card when the phone was taken to Indonesia? I know Q-Tel says this can be done if you are calling with another Q-Tel SIM card mobile phone. You can dail *101*62-XXX-XXXX. But now I live in Saudi Arabia and don't have a mobile phone with a Q-Tel SIM card.

I bought a mobile phone and a Q-Tel (Qatar Telecom) SIM card that should be valid until mid-October. Q-Tel has agreement with a few Indonesian telecom companies to allow roaming calling (HCPT, INDOSAT, NTS, TELKOMSEL, and XLI). I gave the phone to my Indonesian friend. My friend went to Indonesia where my friend now lives (in Imdramayu). I recently moved from Qatar to Saudi Arabia. I want to contact my friend.

What's my friend's phone number? If the basic phone number is XXX-XXXX, what is the phone number from Skype or a landline to this phone while it is in Indonesia?
scot47

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get yourself a Mobily or Jawal SIM card and bob's your uncle. Why make life difficult just to save a few piastres ?

Save your mental energy to deal with the real stress that you have !
Imdramayu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Contacting a friend with no home fone Reply with quote

It's not (saving money) but my friend's house is poor and doesn't even have a home phone. I gave my friend a cell phone so I could contact him but I haven't had any success yet. This phone has a Q-Tel SIM card which I found out is dialed 974-5xx-xxxx from anywhere in the world. Now I think the SIM card has expired so I really don't know how to reach my friend. I could visit his village of Imdramayu in West Java but it sounds like a rambling farming/fishing village.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Qatar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: