Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nursery/Child Care in Maadi?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
M.M.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Nursery/Child Care in Maadi? Reply with quote

Hi all,
I am looking for a good nursery in the New Maadi area that will take a young infant (3mos) in the summer of 2009. Ideally, I'd like to find a school to teach where they have a nursery, and I could take my baby to work with me. I know it's a stretch, but it never hurts to ask around!!
I'm also not opposed to a Muslim woman coming in our home, as long as she can provide references, etc. As we are a Muslim family, Muslim is our choice for a caregiver, also. Smile
Thanks for your references,
M.M.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you said on the other thread that you already had this great job with the benefits of foreign hire?

VS
M.M.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Childcare in Maadi Reply with quote

Hi VS,
I do have a teaching job with the benefits of a foreign hire. The school does have a nursery (Preschool) but not for infants. I don't recall stating in my post that my job had childcare, however.
With regards to the job itself, I personally don't consider the school "great" by any stretch of the imagination!! It is only because I signed a 2 year contract (that I might break anyway if I don't find good child care) that I'd consider staying on the second year. If I find a school with a good nursery, I'll leave this current job in a heartbeat!! Wink
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh OK... you just had me confused there...

Can't help you with infant care. I thought that marrying a local would get you provided with some family childcare assistance!! Cool

Hopefully someone will know of someone that can help. There has to be women around who have the time and could use some income. It is just finding them.

VS
M.M.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Childcare in Maadi Reply with quote

Hey VS,
Yeah, my husbands family lives a little over an hour away from us, so it clearly wouldn't work. I wish it would though...they're wonderful folks. They would have been my first choice, after staying home myself, of course.
M.M.
cseeley24

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI M.M.
I don't know if this nursery still accepts infants but when I first came to Egypt with my husband 7 years ago they took my 5 month old daughter. the name of the nursery is Morooge- it is behind Nasr St, almost next to Amgad Language School. If you go up Nasr St going towards the Autostrad, pass Mc Donalds and at the gas station on your right, make a right. you will find signs on the lamp posts for it.
We had just come from the US- hubby is Egyptian, we are Muslim-and this nursery was close to American standards when I compared to others in the area, plus the owners are great ladies, they used to be teachers. They took great care of us there.
Good Luck!
Christina
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Egypt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: