Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching qualifications for Thailand

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ricardo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Teaching qualifications for Thailand Reply with quote

Hello,

I am from Canada and I have recently graduated from a teaching TESOL
program.
I would like to start my career in Thailand.Can someone tell me what the basic qualifications are for teaching ESL in this country?

Is it possible to obtain a job without a university degree?
I currently have a certificate in teaching TESOL.I am also working on certificates in teaching children,teens,adults,grammer, and toefl preparation.I also have a diploma/associate degree in Electronics Engineering Technology from a community college.

So in summary,do I have a chance in finding employment without a university degree?

Thank you.

Ricardo
ricardo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Miss scarborough,

Thank you for the useful info/website.I will see if I can find a teaching job in Thailand without a university degree.

Thanks again.

Ricardo
Ponce

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:35 am    Post subject: Teaching in Thailand Reply with quote

Although it is generally favored that teachers in thailand have a university degree, a tesol/tefl certificate has been known to be accepted. The only drawback is that the school will definitely try to pay you less. Negotiate carefully, and dont let them talk you too far down. In any case, dont worry...you can definitely find a job with only the TESOL.
jo3box3r

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: TESOL Reply with quote

I have my tesol certificate as well. and will be trying to get a little something for work.. Did you go to globaltesol.com ?? I am from Vancouver but have been to Toronto many times. Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: