Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Canadians in Prague

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
falleneagle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Canadians in Prague Reply with quote

I'm currently preparing to go to Prague to take the ITC course. But the visa situation is becoming a hastle. I live in Vancouver and the only Czech embassy is in Ottawa. Is there any easier way to get a visa than having to send documents from Vancouver to Ottawa? The embassy wants my original passport as part of the documents which seems kind of shady.

Thanks in advance for anybody who can help.
Deborah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When my Czech husband wanted a Canadian visa, the Canadian embassy needed his passport mailed to them so they could staple the visa inside.
It's not dodgy practice, but standard, I think. I'd personally be more afraid of something happening to my documents in the actual post than at the embassy.
mehrlin26

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I came to Czech Republic, I had to mail them my passport along with some money. They sent it back within a week with the visa stamped in, no problem.
ToraGal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:09 am    Post subject: passport Reply with quote

I had to send my passport when i lived in japan to the embassy too... I remember feeling sooo scared about not getting it back- more so that my work visa was gonna expire... i remember when the delivery man came to my door with my passport 4 days later- i hugged him, and he thought i was crazy lol... nooooooo worries!

christina
sussy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I studied in the UK I had to send my passport to have my student and work visas stapled inside. (Also, as I recall, when I applied for my passport I had to mail my birth certificate.) The whole process of sending identification through the mail is unnerving, but standard practice for a visa. I would suggest sending it registered mail, which might make you feel more at ease.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: