Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

temporary one month rental agreements, hotels, storage

View previous topic :: View next topic  
disregardedknowledge

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: temporary one month rental agreements, hotels, storage Reply with quote

I found a really nice 2 bedroom furnished flat for a very nice price. The problem is it won't be available for move-in until April 1st and my current rental contract ends March 1st. My landlord said he would not let me extend one more month.

Can anyone give me any contact numbers of landlords or flats that provide very short-term agreements for furnished or semi-furnished one-bedroom flats or rooms? I realize there aren't going to be too many decent-sized flats that would be available for use of only one month, so I would also be willing to take one big room or studio apartment for one month. I think I should mention that my wife is with me, so we would need temporary accomodation for a married couple. I am open to a cheap rental starting from 5000 qr up to a fully furnished temporary residence that would cost 11,000 qr.

My second option would be to stay in a hotel for a month. I think hotels are quite expensive in Doha, aren't they? Does anyone know of any hotels that allow one month stays for married couples for 250 to 350 riyals per night?

But if I stayed in a hotel, it would also mean that I would have to find some type of storage facility for 8 to 9 boxes (no furniture). If I choose the hotel route, does anyone know of any short-term storage facilities in Doha? While we're at it, some contact numbers for moving companies to move my boxes would also help me.

As I said, I will consider anything from 5000 to 11,000.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE.
millie18

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest you post your question on the Qatarliving.com website - lots of people there will probably be able to help you.

As for a moving company - if the boxes don't contain anything you consider irreplaceable - go to somewhere like the furniture store street in Najma and you can hire a truck with 2 men for about 200 - 300 riyals for an hour or two.
wilberforce

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are plenty of hotel-apartments around that will rent you a one bedroom place for about QR 9,000 per month. Check the apartment hotels behind the Gulf Cinema, athere are at least a dozen of them. The same goes for the area behind the La Cigale Hotel.
wilberforce

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask for a discount. Al Emadi has some reasonably priced apartment hotels. The best way is to check them out - there are a few in the Al Saad area but these are more pricey. The ones down by Hotel Mercure/Sofitel are cheaper.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Qatar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: