Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which training program should I pursue 2 teach in Argentina?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AJC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Which training program should I pursue 2 teach in Argentina? Reply with quote

I know I need a training course, more to learn how to teach English than anything else. I'm looking at BridgeLinguatec in Buenos Aires. They offer a four week course with 6 hours of practice, and conditional employment in BA for the first few people to sign up for the course there.

Does anyone know if BridgeLinguatec is a reputable school?

Is this "conditional employment" something I should take seriously?

Should I be looking more seriously at a different program, like the ViaLingua course in Guadalajara (does anyone know anything about this one?)?

I'm open to suggestions if people think I'm barking up the wrong tree all together.

Details: I'm at square one, in that I know I want to teach English overseas, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm two years removed from college and can't handle my cubicle anymore, so I need a drastic change.
I minored in Spanish in college and I'd like to go to Argentina with my main goal being to really learn Spanish. Money is a factor, so I'd like to keep my training expenses to a minimum. I've tentatively ruled out CELTA.
Thank you in advance for any advice that you can give a beginner.

Andy
Albany, NY
Rebekah

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why have you ruled out doing a CELTA? Do a CELTA asap (it costs, but there you go) and then choose a Spanish speaking country where you�re most likely to get a job and therefore experience. I�m in Argentina at the minute but probably Mexico would be the easiest place to get some experience. Experience and the ability to bullshit/project enthusiasm are the most important.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: