Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vietnam job in September?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 9:14 am    Post subject: Vietnam job in September? Reply with quote

Hi

I've read most relevent posts on this and other boards, but i'd like to ask for some opinions anyway.

I have been teaching TFL for, by summer 2003, 2 and a half years, all ages, levels, types of classes, and in China and Europe.
But I have only a BSc, not a TEFL cert.
Most places seem to accept me on experience, but that appears not to be so in Vietnam.
I don't want to NOW spend money and time on a certificate to learn what I alredy know (confirmed by a few ADs and colleagues), and i am hoping to move on from teaching after this year.

therefore, what are the chances of getting a decent job in Vietnam, from say, some time in september to mid-december, with my history?

I understand that teachers should be needed at that time of year, and less so from december, so i might be timing it ok, but my finances are not such that i can turn up and hope to find a job.
any suggestions?

how much do the salaries work out as AFTER things like rent? Also, do any schools pay for any type of flight?
These things don't seem clear from the websites...

thanks for the time, if anyone can answer anything above...

Tim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: