Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

teaching English as a classroom teacher

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laranylander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: teaching English as a classroom teacher Reply with quote

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has had experience or can give advice on teaching in a public or private school in Buenos Aires. I know there are a lot of private institutes for teaching English and private classes available but I prefer teaching children in schools. I also know there a couple of American and British schools in Buenos Aires but they don't seem to be hiring very often. I have a teaching credential from the U.S. but I don't have a TEFL certification or Argentine citizenship for that matter. Has anyone had any luck teaching in local Argentine private or public schools as a classroom English teacher?

Thank you Smile

Lara
schern19

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:24 am    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

I'm sorry to say I can't answer any of your questions because I am on the same boat as you. If you have found answers to any of these questions can you let me know....

Thanks!
laranylander

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hola,

I still don't have much more information but I was looking in the classified section of lanacion.com and I found some advertisements from schools looking for teachers.
I found out that you need to get all of your transcripts and teaching credential, etc. sent to the apostille to be certified before you get to Argentina and then brought to the government education office to be officially translated into Spanish when you arrive in Argentina.
Also, check out this link for a list of English speaking schools in Argentina.

I hope this helps Smile

Lara
jooooooey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the requirements for teaching EFL in the public schools (or private schools, for that matter) in Argentina? Does one need a teaching credential, or will a lot of experience and a degree suffice?

I realize it's a little difficult to get schools to sponsor a visa, but I was just wondering.

If laranylander or anyone else has any more information, please let us know. This forum is kind of quiet. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: