Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Private health insurance

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maniak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Private health insurance Reply with quote

Apparently my memory is a no-go or I'm blind, but I remember a thread about priv health insurance but cant find it.

But after seeing a few close friends and my girlfriend experience the horror of NFZ recently, I decided I need private health insurance and now.

Can anyone recommend a no hassle insurer? Whats a decent plan cost??
Help!
dynow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i remember this link as well, but in my case, i simply cannot find a way around paying ZUS and staying here legally. i'm curious if there are any non-EU people on this forum who have managed to avoid ZUS and just pay a private insurer.
scottie1113

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work for Bell Gdansk as an employee so I Don't have to pay ZUS. My insurance is through Alliance with a monthly premium of 160 zl, half of which is paid by the school. I've had to go a a clinic (SwissMed) twice and was impressed by the professionalism I experienced there.

I remember a discussion of this subject before but I can't find it either. There were some examples of insurance programs that were less expensive than mine but I can't recall the company names.
JPM

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My school gives me an 'umowa dziela' document every month. This details my gross pay, tax deducted (by the school and paid to the tax dept on my behalf) and nett pay. This is all totally legal. On this basis, it is not at all compulsory for a foreigner to pay into the health fund. If you have a business registered here, however, you must pay ZUS. However, the monthly payments are reduced for the first year or two (somebody please confirm) to 300zl per month.
maniak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a business so there is no way to avoid ZUS, but yea, its about 300zl every month (but slowly increasing). Good thing is I can deduct it as a business expense. Honestly Id rather set the money on fire then send it there, but eh...

Nonetheless Im going to get private health care even if it kills me Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: