Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TEFL International - Alexandria
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

veiledsentiments wrote:

Is that for the US military or Kuwaiti military?

VS

The U.S. military. They contract out a lot of their work these days - everything from the food servers in the d-fac to the guys building the buildings, to the on-post police, to the EMT's. Even the instructors in many AIT classes are civilians.

And the most comical thing is that I got another call today from a perspective employer whom I'd contacted months ago and then forgotten about. (What are the chances?) This one's a cruise ship entertainment staffing agency. I played drums for a living for years before I joined the Army, (the Army contacted me about playing in their band, which is how they got my attention, but I chose to be a medic instead), and it looks like I may audition to play on cruise ships for awhile. Kind of a plan C, in case Kuwait and Egypt don't work out.

The only problem with all of this is that I recently met this girl, and... Smile
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your life is waaaay too complicated... Laughing

Since the Kuwait job was relatively short-term, you may be able to do both jobs... one after the other... and the girl could follow you...

I see the plot for a new reality show...

Hello NBC?

VS
nstick13

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you love her let her go?

lolz. i do not envy your situation. i lucked out and my girl of choice is ambitious in these regards as i am.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
catherineluff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: TESOL courses Reply with quote

Hey,

If I were you I wouldn't go with a company you don't entirely trust, I've recently completed a weekend course with a really good English teaching organisation who are recognised all over the world. They're called i-to-i and this is the webiste: (MOD edit)

Hope this helps!
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to teach in the Middle East, do not even consider any online weekend courses. No employer will consider them at all. A legitimate degree with supervised classroom experience, like CELTA, is the minimum to teach in this part of the world.

VS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Egypt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: