Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How does this plan look? Any suggestions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geekgirl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:17 am    Post subject: How does this plan look? Any suggestions? Reply with quote

I am a 49-year old female that is considering a career change. I am currently working as a computer help-desk analyst at a computer services company.

I have a boyfriend who is Hispanic who was born in Panama and has lived in Colombia and Honduras. He is 47 and may have to leave the US and go back sometime in the next year or two. I will probably go back with him when he goes. I know a little bit of Spanish which I learned both a little at a time and by going to Spanish language school in Guatemala.

I am teaching him to speak English and recently decided to volunteer with Literacy Advance her in Houston to gain some teaching (tutoring) skills. I previously have tutored students in math when I was in college for several semesters.

We are considering going to Bogota so I can get my CELTA certification and then teach in Colombia if I get a job there or maybe Panama, Venezuela or Argentina. We might consider Honduras since he owns a house in Honduras but I have heard that the pay there might not be as good. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions such as the best time to go.
windowlicker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good plan. volunteering for a year and then doing the celta in colombia was exactly how i did it.

of the four countries you mentioned, Colombia i think will be the easiest to do long term...unless you get married to to your Panamanian boyfriend and you can get a long term visa through that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: