Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

can anyone help please ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jetgirly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shin12 wrote:
ARE YOU IN YOUR 50'S ?

I hate to bring up a dead thread but...

I am twenty-five. I taught in Torino, Italy when I was twenty-one and twenty-two. My friends and I had VIP access to tons of clubs along the Murazzi, we had house parties that you could hear from blocks away (sorry, neighbours), we went to posh parties in the villas outside the city, we were even invited to the ex-president's son's birthday party in a huge castle with paparazzi. We partied all over the country, from the Alps to Campania. One of our guilty pleasures was partying until 5:00 or 6:00 in the morning, then going to this huge industrial bakery where they supplied pastries for bars, and choosing fresh pastries for breakfast right off the baking trays. I lived the life I'm sure you wish you could have in Italy. AND YOU STILL SOUND LIKE A MORON TO ME. You wouldn't fit in with my foreign friends or my Italian friends, because we all value the power of language and the impression that our words make on others. I didn't end up with my picture in the Society section of the newspaper because I'm amazingly, stunningly gorgeous. I ended up there because I knew how to adapt my words to fit any situation and I made a good impression on the right people. The place for the type of language you're using is, perhaps, MSN Messenger when you're messaging your friends. It's completely inappropriate for a message board for English teachers. If you can't self-monitor on a message board, why would anyone (for example, potential friends or employers) think you could do it in a classroom, or on the streets, or at a party?

Good luck in Italy. You'll need it.
Caledonian Craig

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFLMAO. U SND LK A RITE DOUCHE BG! Laughing LOL..CHK YRSLF B4 U REK YRSLF. Lol.

*Disclaimer* Yes, I am being ironic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: