Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I want to do a MBA (Education) or MBA (Ed'al Management).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sigmuu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:20 am    Post subject: I want to do a MBA (Education) or MBA (Ed'al Management). Reply with quote

Greetings:
I want to do a Masters in Business Administration (Education) or MBA (Educational Management), whatever is best from the best University that offers such a program in the United States or Canada. Also, although an on-line or distance education component would be OK, I would prefer to do this program mostly in the summer in an actual University. Any suggestions anyone can give me in this matter is greatly appreciated. Please post advice on the Board or please send to this email address:

[email protected]
shebab

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An MBA at a decent school can't be done only in the summer. At best, you can do the program in a year IF you have previous business experience. Otherwise you will be in a two year full time program.

For a list of the best business schools in North America, look at Business Week's rankings on their website. Also US News and World Report, and Wall Street Journal.

Also remember that different schools will be stronger or weaker in the major you choose to pursue (marketing, finance, etc).

For someone with no business background, distance education lacks the group work and classroom interaction that is so important in getting through business school.

Finally, remember that most decent MBA programs will require you to take the GMAT, which will require at least several months of preparation to study for.

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: