Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Taking advantage of dual citizenship

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lozwich

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Taking advantage of dual citizenship Reply with quote

Hiyas,

I've got dual Australian and British citizenship, and while I lived and worked in the UK for a whole 3 months about 12 years ago, I don't believe I ever became a taxpaying resident. More of a dizzy post-adolescent than anything, I didn't really pay attention to whether or not the two very short term jobs I had were legitimate. Wink

But now, I want to go and live and work in Spain, using my British citizenship. Do I have to become registered on the tax system - or any other kind of system - in the UK first, or can I just turn up in Spain? I've got my British passport, and it definitely says 'British Citizen', but no other paperwork. Everything else shows me as being Australian.

Is my British passport enough to be able to complete the forms required for other EU nations?

Thanks, and have a good day.
Lozwich.
Shaman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lozwich wrote:
Quote:
Is my British passport enough to be able to complete the forms required for other EU nations?

It should be. I went to Paris with my Irish passport and was able to work. Navigating the kneedeep bureaucracy, on the other hand... Rolling Eyes

If you have the passport, you should be okay.

Good luck.

Shaman
lozwich

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaman wrote:
It should be. I went to Paris with my Irish passport and was able to work. Navigating the kneedeep bureaucracy, on the other hand... Rolling Eyes

Thanks for this, Shaman. I live in Mexico now, so 'kneedeep' will be somewhat of a relief! Laughing

Have a good day,
Lozwich.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: