Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

International Schools in CR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Costa Rica
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justenanderson

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: International Schools in CR Reply with quote

Hello,
I am planning on moving down to Costa Rica next summer to teach and, because I am a licensed high school Business/Computer teacher who'll have 2 years experience, I'd really like to teach in an international school. I have heard the pay in CR is low compared to other LA countries, but that life is better in other ways, is this true?

Are there a lot of international schools in CR? Do many of them offer visa assistance?

Any additional tips you'd like to pass along?

Thank in advance!
Justen Very Happy
yankeechemist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: International Schools in CR Reply with quote

[quote="justenanderson"]Hello,
I am planning on moving down to Costa Rica next summer to teach and, because I am a licensed high school Business/Computer teacher who'll have 2 years experience, I'd really like to teach in an international school. I have heard the pay in CR is low compared to other LA countries, but that life is better in other ways, is this true?

Are there a lot of international schools in CR? Do many of them offer visa assistance?

Any additional tips you'd like to pass along?

Thank in advance!
Justen Very Happy[/quote]

I have been there on vacation and would like to teach also. Basically, I would suggest you save up 12k to supplement and then enjoy!
OleLarssen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

International schools:

- Country Day School
- Washington School
- Falcon School (?)

There's a couple of others that I can't remember the name of right now, and probably more that I don't know about; small schools around the San Jose area. There are also several, including a Montessori school, in other parts of the country (Jac�, for example).
justenanderson

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. OleLarson: Do you agree that I should save up 12k to supplement? I live a modest lifestyle and my fiance and I both plan to work full-time-ish, will we be good on money in CR?
OleLarssen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I'm not the right person to say, simply because "you Americans" have such different ways of doing things than Norwegians. I would say you need a few thousand to pay deposit, rent and food for a couple of months and you're good to go. It really depends on what kind of stuff you expect when you come down here - how much do you want to pay in rent, are you going to buy a car, what kind of jobs are you looking for and how fast can you get them... ?
justenanderson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI: My fiance and I both landed jobs teaching at Falcon International School in Herradura. Let me know if you would like any info.
Vorbourg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Costa Rico Reply with quote

rico costa the best years of any persons life ...teaching...no savings, perhaps debt...but ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh very good.

surf

life

life

surf

parrots
karoly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Falcom Reply with quote

Justen. How was working at Falcon?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Costa Rica All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: