Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

English School Casale-Is it true?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mag_nus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: English School Casale-Is it true? Reply with quote

So I've been hanging around on here for a while, just took the plunge and registered now though. I'm looking for jobs in Italy at the moment, and was wondering if anyone had any up to date info on either the English School Casale or the British Institute Padova? Mainly the working environment, how they treat teachers etc. I know there have been discussions on the former a couple of times over the years which have been less than complimentary!

So many thanks in advance, it seems like there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here, so I look forward to making the most of my new TEFL oracle!
Spanish Tickle2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done for checking them out first Mag_nus! I can't say enough bad things about the English School of Casale, the owners remain the rudest and weirdest people I have ever met.
If you enjoy being spoken to like a 5 year old and worked like a slave then go for it, if not then look elsewhere.
If you're looking for material to write a comedy series then this could be the place for you. The married owners exhibited some truly bizarre behaviour from the word go. You have been warned.
SueH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus he developed a Barbera habit!! Wink
mag_nus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice guys. As it happens, I spoke to the director on the phone, he told me all about the school and the area, then said he'd send me some info and call back the next day to see what I thought. He sent the info, but never called back. Maybe he saw my post on here looking for dirt on him... I probably shouldn't have chosen a username so similar to my real name.

Anyway, it's getting pretty late to find a job in Italy starting this academic year, so I was thinking... actually, I should start a new topic for this. I bet you're all waiting with bated breath! Thanks again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: