Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visa temporaria

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcmillary

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Visa temporaria Reply with quote

Hi all, have looked all over the web but can�t seem to find a definitive answer to this.. so all help would be much appreciated!
I have a visa temporaria in Chile but am most likely to head back home or to Asia for the "slow season" here and return late 2010. My question is will my visa temporaria expire if I leave the country? Hopefully I can just come back in and work on that same visa.

Cheers
mike30

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact the Extranjeria: http://www.extranjeria.gov.cl/

The information on the Extranjeria web-site is vague....it says that the visa is nullified when you abandon the country...but going on "vacation" for a couple months shouldn't be an issue.

VISA TEMPORARIA

La visaci�n de residencia temporaria se otorga a aquellos extranjeros que acrediten tener v�nculos de familia o intereses en el pa�s y cuya residencia se estime �til y conveniente. En t�rminos generales permite realizar en Chile cualquier actividad, sin m�s limitaciones que las establecidas por las leyes. Se expide por un per�odo m�ximo de un a�o, renovable hasta completar dos a�os, al t�rmino del cual el extranjero deber� solicitar la Permanencia Definitiva o abandonar el pa�s.

Se podr� otorgar este mismo tipo de visaci�n a los miembros de la familia del solicitante que vivan con �l, entendi�ndose por tales c�nyuge, padres o hijos de ambos o de uno de ellos, en la condici�n de dependientes y no podr�n hacer actividades remuneradas en el pa�s.

La solicitud de una visa de residencia temporaria, puede tener como base distintos fundamentos. Usted debe determinar c�al de ellos se acerca de mejor manera a su situaci�n personal para de esta forma hacer su presentaci�n.
Dia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a specific answer about expiration upon leaving the country, however the question itself made me wonder...

You're posting this question in Oct 2009, and I don't know how long you've already had your visa for but most people have a visa temporaria for 1 year... so unless you have something that lasts for more than a year, by the timeline alone I would think your visa would have expired by the time you return in late 2010.

though, maybe this is not your situation. in any case, i've had very positive experience calling extranjeria with questions ( 600-626-4222 from 9am-4pm ). They have some employees that speak English well if needed.
Daddyo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Another question Reply with quote

Dia wrote:
in any case, i've had very positive experience calling extranjeria with questions ( 600-626-4222 from 9am-4pm ). They have some employees that speak English well if needed.

Guys, how long did it take you to get the visa? Whoops, never mind, I just found out ... it takes two months, or at least that's what one expat website says. True?
Dia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think there are any guarantees.

mine took exactly 2 months (for visa temporaria, my permanent residency took about 4)

though i'm sure thats just an average and there will always be things like strikes, earthquakes...who knows what that could potentially slow down the process.

good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Chile All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: