Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Summer Camps in Italy - ACLE or Lingue Senza Frontiere???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moby Brown

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Summer Camps in Italy - ACLE or Lingue Senza Frontiere??? Reply with quote

Ok, so I am wanting to apply to work at an Italian summer camp for Summer 2010. I have seen several on the Internet but the two I've read most about are ACLE and Lingue Senza Frontiere. I was just wondering what the difference was between the two (both of them have the 4-day training in San Remo).

Also, has anyone ever been to these camps recently...and what was your experience like? THANK YOU!!! I appreciate all answers:)
kongjoo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! I've also been looking into working at these two camps. One thing I read on ACLE website that kinda worried me was this:

"Each Camp is one or two weeks long and an average tutor works for a total of 4 - 5 weeks. [One] factor that will determine how long you work for is there are Camps available to work at. The number of Camps we run varies from week to week, some periods (July 20- August 20th) being far quieter than others. The number of Tutors we require also varies from week to week and the available work may not always be offered consecutively."

So I read there is a great possiblity we will be not working during certain times. So I think we are to make our own arrangements, travel plans during the slow periods.

Lingue Senza's website says "Most of our camps are day camps that run from Monday to Friday and from 8.30-9.00am to 4.30pm. You must be aware that working hours are very long and time off is limited." and
"The duration of employment will be agreed before your arrival but will be confirmed once we have seen your performance at the three-day training course"

From these statements is appears Lingue Senza may have more stable work.

I'm happy to share info with you while researching/applying for these positions. I'd love to hear about any other differences or info that you find.

Cheers!
Moby Brown

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! I have actually spoken with someone who worked for Lingue Senza Frontiere. He said he loved it...that it was a little less structured so you were more free to teach/do what you want. (They still give you plans but the hours aren't as long). I have already applied for LSF and am hoping to do that one. Let me know what ya think:)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: