Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching in Temuco, Chile

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lcrawford_96

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Teaching in Temuco, Chile Reply with quote

Hi all,

I will be relocating to Temuco, Chile in February of 2010 and am interested in the opportunities teaching English there. I have degrees in French and Political Science as well as experience teaching (French in the U.S. and English in France). At this time, I do not have a TEFL certification, but will probably obtain one before I head down south. It seems that there are two schools in Santiago that provide TEFL certifications. Are these schools reliable? I am also considering the Oxford classes here in the U.S., but have read some negative comments about those classes through this forum.

Does anyone have information on teaching opportunities in the Temuco area? As I am just starting my search into teaching opportunities in South America, any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance,

Lauren
Lunkey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why are you going to Temuco? I would bet that there's little to no work there teaching English, at least getting paid for it..
lcrawford_96

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lunkey,

I'm moving to Temuco because that's where my boyfriend lives. They have three English schools there, plus regular schools who employ English speaking teachers. Why do you think there is a lack of work there?
_Hutch_

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm headed to Temuco on a two-week mission/volunteer trip in Feb. and will be inquiring around about English teaching jobs in Chile and Argentina. So I'll be curious how it goes for you. I get the feeling that Temuco isn't large enough by itself to support a large ESL market, but I could always be wrong. Best of luck.
lcrawford_96

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hutch,

What kind of work will you be doing there? I am also interested in getting involved in the volunteer community in Temuco (I have a background in non-profit work). Have you been to the area before? The Lake District is amazingly beautiful!

I would love to know if you find out anything with regard to work in the area. Keep me updated!

Take care,

Lauren
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Chile All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: