Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

visa
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanillasky

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:33 am    Post subject: visa Reply with quote

Does anyone know how the Visa situation in Ukraine currently compares with the visa situation in Russia? Is it the same? Russia recently changed the laws so that teachers can only stay and work for 3 months. Does Ukraine offer a work visa for a full 9-12 month contract, or only three months as well?
vanillasky

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on. Somebody, anybody must know this.
beachguy69

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Ukraine is going in the same direction as Russia with visa Reply with quote

All visa in Ukraine are good for only 90 days and 180 days out of 365.
The only two ways to get around this is to get a work permit or get married.
vanillasky

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, do the schools issue work permits to the teachers which are hired so that they can stay for a full year contract?
I have a couple other questions as well maybe you guys can help me with. Are most of the schools still hiring native English speakers, and not being forced to hired only Ukranians due to visa laws. All in all, are there still some ESL jobs to go around in Ukraine for native speakers?
I would like to get my CELTA certification in the country which I will plan to get a job. It was between Russia and Ukraine since I am very familiar with that culture, and know the Russian language somewhat. I've already been accepted to the program in Moscow, but now due to the visa issues I am reconsidering taking the program in Urkaine. However, I don't want to dish out my money there either for certification if I will run into issues with getting a job and visa.
Thanks for any info.!
beachguy69

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: working Visa's are hard to get from schools here Reply with quote

I do not know of any schools giving work permit today. I have had some people here tell me that a few schools in Kiev are giving them. But when I ask for names I never get any school names. So I can not beileve these people if they cannot tell me a school name.
The problem here is if the school gets you a work permit, they have to pay taxes. Then you must list where you live and then your landlord would also have to pay taxes on your rent. He will either refuse to be list or double your rent....
vanillasky

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been doing some research, and appently plenty of the schools are still giving work permits to native English speakers, IH being one to mention.
beachguy69

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:23 am    Post subject: Many? Reply with quote

Why do you say there are many schools giving working permits, but you only name one? I also can name hundreds of schools in Ukraine that do not. Please I am very interested in your list of additional schools.
Even if the school is kind enough to offer the work permit you must also find a land lord that will sign the paper.....many will not because they do not want to pay the taxes.
Thanks for your info.
sarahrempe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: what about not leaving Reply with quote

what happens if you don't leave after 90 days, stay a few more months and then leave? a bribe, a penalty, ??? incarceration??

lets say i left 3 times, payed a bribe to get back in, would it be roughly the same amount of bribe when i leave after 270 days??
beachguy69

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: No Jail, just money Reply with quote

They can not allow you to come back for 5 years....or they can fine you.
Cardinal Synn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are schools here that will get you a work permit. These are also known as - The Only Schools Worth Working for. I don't know any teachers who come to Ukraine because they have to, so it pays to shop around and get what you need from an employer. If they don't offer legal work, why bother?
As for giving names of schools which provide work permits? Do some research. Some posters here don't like to give names of individual schools. PMs are best for such info.
beachguy69

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Kiev Reply with quote

I bet you work and live in Kiev....It is very different when you leave the big city.
misteradventure

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the best deal would be to work on the Russian border (excuse me, CIS) and hop back and forth every 3 months.

I'm curious- are most teachers only staying 3 months and then heading on, or has the situation changed? I notice AEC posting for multiple hiring dates in the same ad these days.
Cardinal Synn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Kiev Reply with quote

beachguy69 wrote:
I bet you work and live in Kiev....It is very different when you leave the big city.

Point taken.
vanillasky

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the best deal would be to work on the Russian border (excuse me, CIS) and hop back and forth every 3 months
Quote:

So, I wonder how safe it is, for a single young American (but "looks Russian" and speaks some Russian) female to hop back and forth by train every so often between Molodova and Odessa, Ukraine for instance? Does anybody know?
misteradventure

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The measure of 'safety' is subjective.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Ukraine All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: