Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

preparation to move and settle in Italy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chengdu619

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:23 am    Post subject: preparation to move and settle in Italy Reply with quote

Hi everyone, this is really an extenstion of a thread I opened in the General Europe Forum " Getting Married to a European", but it is more appropriate here. I am currently teaching in China, and I am an American. My girlfriend will come here in May. She will study Chinese here for a year and a half, during which I will continue teaching. She is Italian. We plan to get married and move to Italy and find work there after our stint in China is up. More likely than not, my work will be in the TEFL field, as it is the only experience I have.

Now, I know this is a broad question, and if anyone wants me to narrow it down I will happily, but in what ways should I begin my preparation?

Naturally I should (1) call the embassy and ask them what is required for a spousal visa, and later on for citizenship, (2) should look into what jobs are out there in Italy ( My experience is minimal: Will be two yrs university work in China and 2 years tutoring and assistant teaching in the U.S.), and (3) see if it is possible to take a Celta course in Italy, as I am sure that will be necessary. Any tips by any people who have or have not had the same experience would be welcome. I intend to slowly add on to this thread as the time goes on.

Cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: