Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Alps

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil McLean

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: The Alps Reply with quote

Hello, I'm hoping someone can give me some info. I've done CELTA and I've taught for two years in Spain. Now I'm hoping to go to Italy next September to teach. Ideally I'd like to live in the Alps, say Trento or Bolzano, or close to them to be able to go skiing and climbing. Does anyone have any advice or information they can give me about working in those cities or could suggest any other possibilties. Any help would be much appreciated.
mag_nus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about those specific towns, but from most places in Lombardy you shouldn't be more than a couple of hours away from some good ski resorts (smaller ones like Foppolo or Monte Campione, bigger ones like Tonale or Ponte di Legno). I've also heard Andalo is a good year-round place, I don't know if that would include climbing?

Maybe also look for places where the CAI (Club Alpino Italiano) has a presence, they put on coach trips each weekend during the winter from various towns into the mountains for skiing.

I'm a keen skier myself, currently living in Italy, so I'd be interested to hear other ideas!
Teacher in Rome

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try posting this question on expatsinitaly dot com, asking for Sue Fischio. She lives in the Alps, and can probably help you.
Phil McLean

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, thanks for the help. I've posted on expats as well as suggested and got a helpful reply from Sue Fischio.
the_thinker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Bolzano:

http://www.alphabeta.it/

In Trento:

http://www.clm-bell.it/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: