Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another YIC Post
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnslat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: I wept because I had no shoes . . . Reply with quote

Dear Saudi4Ever and dmb,
Hey - what are you people complaining about? At least you HAVE a laundry room. We had no such luxury, and, in fact, had to either buy our own machines or take everything to the laundry man.

Dear Bindair Dundat,
Howdy - and I'll pass on a little coincidence I just stumbled across that means, I'm sure, absolutely nothing whatsoever.
But, if you type Saudi4Ever's user name, and accidently hit the caps lock at the wrong time, you get:

Saudi$Ever.

Tee-hee.

Regards,
John
Saudi4Ever

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now John be good, i'm new here. well actually i've been lurking for sometime now...and I've been watching you. This is your way of accepting me to the club Wink

But for the record. This was not actually a complaint. Remember I really do love my dh's current job and where we live. This was my rationale behind taking a pay cut. I use to tell everyone how I had no problem staying at his current job, but then I read about Yanbu and got all dreamy eyed.

We have a full size GE washer machine and dryer...so what if it is a major cleanup after we use it, at least we have one. I got a very bad sinus infection last month and starting during some reseach. I discovered that some homes can make you sick and my current villa met most of the symptoms of a 'sick house'. This is why I really am interested in the quality of housing in Yanbu. If it s the same then I might as well stay here, pull up my carpet and replace it with tile.

O well can we now get back to the subject of Yanbu? What's the 411 Question

Lil ole simple
Saudi$Ever
Bindair Dundat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: Complaints Reply with quote

Saudi4Ever wrote:
I live in a Villa now. It is actually halfway decent.

Ms. Ever! You already live in a villa, and you want ANOTHER one! yes, I'm sure we would get along well.

Covetously,

BD
Bindair Dundat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: I wept because I had no shoes . . . Reply with quote

johnslat wrote:
Howdy - and I'll pass on a little coincidence I just stumbled across that means, I'm sure, absolutely nothing whatsoever.

I just don't know what to make of this, Mr. Slat. You know, there are those who say that there is no such thing as coincidence!

If you type her name correctly, that $ becomes, of course, 4, which is pronounced exactly the same way as the first syllable of "fortune"!

Warily,

BD
scot47

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is this "dh" that Ms Ever writes about ?
And why do we never hear from Mr Ever ?

We should be told. And I am not sure that women in Saudi Arabia are allowed to post messages without written permission from their husband or male guardian.

:shock:
johnslat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: The dh Reply with quote

Dear scot47,

"Who is this "dh" that Ms Ever writes about ?"

Hmm - some possibilities:

1. designated hitter (a term used in baseball)

2. deranged hobbit

3. drugged hippy

4. disgruntled hillbilly

and, most probably.

5. dear (darling) hubby

Regards,
John
Saudi4Ever

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6. Damn Husband
Stephen Jones

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid to say John that you won't get $ for 4 if you hit caps lock. It only affects letters. I think you mean hit the shift key.
johnslat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: $ 4 nothing (but the girls aren't free) Reply with quote

Dear Stephen Jones,
Quite right - I had my keys mixed up (a not unusual situation for this two-fingered typist). But that's even better, seeing as I'm a pretty shifty individual anyway.
Regards,
John
ohman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: Stay off my lawn Reply with quote

Quote:
Ohman, couldn't you have started your own thread?

Got it.
I'll respect your boundary and territorial issues in the future. And perhaps we can both learn something about boundaries, which may be the answer to your other post.
Stephen Jones

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed correct John. to get lots of $ you have to be very shifty.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: