Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITTP TEFL Prague

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maritahurst

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: ITTP TEFL Prague Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,
I'm an Aussie living in Prague. I spent hours of my life before I left Australia reading this site and trying to get information about other people's experiences, so I thought I would spend a couple of minutes giving info about my experiences.

I did the onsite TEFL course in Jaunuary at ITTP in Prague, and also lived in the student accomodation arranged by ITTP during the course.
I really enjoyed the course and definitely found it very useful for finding work.
I started applying for jobs during week one of the course, and began teaching immediately after finishing the course. (10 hours a week)
I finished teaching on a Friday, signed a work contract the following Monday, and began teaching on the Tuesday.

I found the staff at ITTP to be very professional. I liked the course because it provided so much teaching practise time.
Although I had taught "Conversation English" overseas previously, I had never taught "Business English".
By the end of the course I felt quite confident in teaching Business English.
Now, the majority of my job is teaching "Business English" classes, as well as Exam Preparation Classes (FCE, Cambridge Test).

I also have other job offers, but they are dependant on my work visa process being finalised (which will hopefully be soon).

Feel free to message me on this post if you have any further questions,
Marita
smithryansmith

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The unsolicited advertisement above is brought to you by ITTP Laughing
maritahurst

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, no ryan smith, it is from Marita Hurst, of North Queensland, Australia.
As I said, I spent a lot of time reading these sites before I came here and saw no harm in giving five minutes of my time back.
What a shame you find it so neccessary to be so cynical.
smithryansmith

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, that was fast. 14 minutes after my post.
TinSardine

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes! That brings back memories from other forums.
maritahurst

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,
Unfortunately I feel the need to defend myself and my previous post.
The implication from Tinsardine and smithryan is that I am a fictitious character.
For anyone who needs verifying, my name is Marita Hurst. You can validate my identity if you really need to by contacting my current and former employers:
Current employer: Sentia Language School(www.sentia.cz) , Previous Employer: Education Queensland , Australia.( HR Consultant: Marley Lysaght Ph +61 7 4726 3129).
This is my last comment on this subject. I thought it was supposed to be a site for sharing information, and I'm disapointed that I'm needing to defend myself against false and unfounded accusations.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: