Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Banco de Costa Rica ATMs: Visa only?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Costa Rica
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justenanderson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Banco de Costa Rica ATMs: Visa only? Reply with quote

Is it true that the Banco de Costa Rica ATMs don't accept Mastercard (only Visa) ATM cards?

Is it also true that all the ATMs in Costa Rica are owned by Banco de Costa Rica?

If both of these are 'yes' answers, is there any way to get around this using a Mastercard ATM/debit (i.e. getting cash back on purchases or something)? My bank only offers Mastercard and I really don't want to change banks.

Thanks for your help! I can't wait to step foot on Costa Rican soil!
justenanderson

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case you have the same question I did, you can find an answer by performing a Google search for Visa/Mastercard ATM locations in Costa Rica. There are a couple hundred of each type of ATM scattered around the country. Most ATMs, however, do not accept both Visa and Mastercard. It appears they will accept only one or the other.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Costa Rica All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: