Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

International schools in Kuwait
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Argiopa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject: International schools in Kuwait Reply with quote

Regards,

Soon I will move to Kuwait, I think till 1st of June at maximum. I wish apply for job international private schools in Kuwait. Does anybody know until when they are accepting CV's and when they are ussualy menage interviews? Your replies will help me a lot to can menage my travel and book ticket, really I am so afraid to not dely... Thanks a lot!
15yearsinQ8

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

by today - 9 april - all schools have long finished their hiring for next year
johnslat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear 15yearsinQ8,

But, if it's anything like Saudi (and if it isn't, I apologize,) a good percentage of the "hired teachers" never show up. So, Argiopa, I'd say that it wouldn't be a waste of time to send off your resumes, anyway.

Regards,
John
Argiopa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

15yearsinQ8 wrote:
by today - 9 april - all schools have long finished their hiring for next year

Dear 15yearsQ8 are you sure it is about private schools the same, because before few days I called some and they told me there is no fixed date, they are open till they fill vacancies Confused My question was about previous expirience, how it was going ussually... Anyway If you will have any info please let me know. My best regards,

Argiopa
Argiopa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnslat wrote:
Dear 15yearsinQ8,

But, if it's anything like Saudi (and if it isn't, I apologize,) a good percentage of the "hired teachers" never show up. So, Argiopa, I'd say that it wouldn't be a waste of time to send off your resumes, anyway.

Regards,
John

Dear John this is what I've heard too. I will do as you said. Thank you very much. Regards,

Argiopa
Starfell

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argipoa- what are you hoping to teach?
Argiopa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starfell wrote:

English or work in international nursery. I am certified for work in education.
Starfell

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason I ask is because your posts are littered with errors.
I am horrified that someone who makes such mistakes would even attempt to teach English, but such is the state of affairs in Kuwait nowadays- maybe Rommel could get you a job?

�� Soon I will move to Kuwait, I think till 1st of June at maximum. I wish apply for job international private schools in Kuwait. Does anybody know until when they are accepting CV's and when they are ussualy menage interviews? Your replies will help me a lot to can menage my travel and book ticket, really I am so afraid to not dely... Thanks a lot!��

�� Dear 15yearsQ8 are you sure it is about private schools the same, because before few days I called some and they told me there is no fixed date, they are open till they fill vacancies My question was about previous expirience, how it was going ussually... Anyway If you will have any info please let me know. My best regards,��

�� English or work in international nursery. I am certified for work in education��

In fact is this an April Fool piss take?
15yearsinQ8

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-shows no-show in september. did you want to come now and be unemployed until then?
nursery school teaching is for dependents as the pay won't cover the cost of living.
Argiopa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starfell wrote:
The reason I ask is because your posts are littered with errors.
I am horrified that someone who makes such mistakes would even attempt to teach English, but such is the state of affairs in Kuwait nowadays- maybe Rommel could get you a job?

�� Soon I will move to Kuwait, I think till 1st of June at maximum. I wish apply for job international private schools in Kuwait. Does anybody know until when they are accepting CV's and when they are ussualy menage interviews? Your replies will help me a lot to can menage my travel and book ticket, really I am so afraid to not dely... Thanks a lot!��

�� Dear 15yearsQ8 are you sure it is about private schools the same, because before few days I called some and they told me there is no fixed date, they are open till they fill vacancies My question was about previous expirience, how it was going ussually... Anyway If you will have any info please let me know. My best regards,��

�� English or work in international nursery. I am certified for work in education��

In fact is this an April Fool piss take?

Dear Starfell ,

Deeply sorry for offending your sense of grammar and spelling. May I shock you and tell you that you are not the April Fool because April 1st is already far behind us. Smile
I must admit that your comments are inappropriate for several reasons. My post is here because I need information and assistance rather than instruction in English. If the professionals from Cambridge, found that my knowledge meets the criteria for certification C1 I don't see why you would enter into the question of their expertise.
Furthermore, I consider very inappropriate you are adressing an ironic tone ( to be worse in public) especially because we don't know each other personally. Since I see that you don't know with whom you talk let me introduce myself .
I am a Russian young lady in the thirties, I have master's degree in Philosophy and years of experience working with children. I apologize because I didn't notice that the rules of writing and expression are strictly applied in online communication. I'm afraid that you will also have too much work to remedy posts in this forum. Have a pleasant day! Smile

Argiopa
Argiopa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

15yearsinQ8 wrote:
no-shows no-show in september. did you want to come now and be unemployed until then?
nursery school teaching is for dependents as the pay won't cover the cost of living.

I am very confused, response from several schools was that the competitions are still open until further notice ... Do you know whether the job listings appear again after the summer holidays? What is a practice so far? I have information that some kindergartens offer accommodation for employees? Do have information about sallary? No matter, I am going to move in Kuwait during the month of May and I'll take a chance in an educational or another sector. Smile Thank you so much!
Starfell

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argiopa wrote:
Starfell wrote:

OK so, here's the story Argi, no matter how many people ''at Cambridge'' (?) agreed you met their 'criteria', your post is filled with errors, not really the criteria for someone who wants to teach English. If I have a belly ache, I don't go to a Vet, or a second rate surgeon- why should the children here be taught by second rate linguists?
Why not teach Philosophy instead.

Your English isn't perfect and it should be if you want to teach it. Own it.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starfell wrote:

Come on starfell... be fair... is your English perfect? Mine certainly isn't and I am a native speaker with a BA major in English Lit... an MA in TEFL where I took mostly the linguistics courses... taught university level writing for many years... and guess what... I have not yet reached the nirvana of language perfection.

I too noticed the many mistakes in the first post - obviously not from a native speaker, but since she is looking to teach very early levels, I didn't see any reason to comment... and still don't. In her further posts, it is obvious that if she concentrates, she can fix most issues with grammar...

VS
Argiopa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starfell wrote:
Argiopa wrote:
Starfell wrote:

OK so, here's the story Argi, no matter how many people ''at Cambridge'' (?) agreed you met their 'criteria', your post is filled with errors, not really the criteria for someone who wants to teach English. If I have a belly ache, I don't go to a Vet, or a second rate surgeon- why should the children here be taught by second rate linguists?
Why not teach Philosophy instead.

Dear Starfell I don't know what is your problem? I think it is not necessary to arguments here why I think I should get a job in a Primary school or Kindergarten. My question was very clear and was related to the deadlines in these institutions. About my expertise will decide the people to whom I present my diplomas and certificates as well as recommendations.

PS: If you feel pain in the stomach, the cause for this may be a nervous tension. Laughing
Argiopa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

veiledsentiments wrote:
Starfell wrote:

Come on starfell... be fair... is your English perfect? Mine certainly isn't and I am a native speaker with a BA major in English Lit... an MA in TEFL where I took mostly the linguistics courses... taught university level writing for many years... and guess what... I have not yet reached the nirvana of language perfection.

I too noticed the many mistakes in the first post - obviously not from a native speaker, but since she is looking to teach very early levels, I didn't see any reason to comment... and still don't. In her further posts, it is obvious that if she concentrates, she can fix most issues with grammar...

VS

Dear veiledsentimens, I think you understand me well. I am interested in working with preschool and early school age. I never exaggerate my skills. I just think that my chances for such position are realistic and I enjoy working with children. As I passed few courses of Arabic language, I think my work and communication with them would not be a problem.
Thanks for your interest and comments, I wish you a peaceful and pleasant weekend! Smile

Argiopa
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Kuwait All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: