Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ha'il & its Community College

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 4:20 am    Post subject: Ha'il & its Community College Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I have an interview for a position at Hail Community College in the near future. I have read Dave's job journal and posts on the discussion board here in the past which seem to be conflicting. I was wondering if there is ANYTHING else anyone could add either about the college or the city itself?

Specifically, I am interested in:
- whether or not the college has sorted out their teething problems and what the work environment is like
- what the standard of accommodation is like (compound, housing allowance etc)
- whether or not the medical cover provided is acceptable by western standards
- what the city itself is like - does it have any shopping malls, parks etc?
- whether there is a very large expat community in Hail
- anything else that might affect my decision.........??????

I would be very grateful for ANY reliable info that anyone might have. E-mail ([email protected]) or PM me if you prefer.

Thanks!
Stephen Jones

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know the main problem with Hail is its location. It isn't really near anywhere. The city itself is very pleasant with huge parks.

They use the same inappropriiate KFUPM material we use in Jubail; at Hafr Al-Baten the material becamse less of a problem as the college was subverted to some extentfrom its primary purpose as a local college to taking those who had failed to get into KFUPM direclty. I don't know if this is true at Hail.

You'll have to wait for somebody with defiinte knowledge to post though, as my comments are at best inspired guesswork.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: