Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arriving Riyadh, KSA Aug. 2004 & wondering who pays 4 ho

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Middle East Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sigmuu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 6:26 am    Post subject: Arriving Riyadh, KSA Aug. 2004 & wondering who pays 4 ho Reply with quote

Greetings:
My wife and I will be returning to the Kingdom on Saturday August 28, 2004 at 00:10 on Saudia. We will be departing Riyadh for another domestic Saudi Airport at 14:35 the same day but after a layover of 14 hours and 25 minutes in Riyadh. It should take us about an hour we hope to clear customs at Riyadh Airport but what do we do after this? I have been told that I should go to Saudia's "Office of Passengers with Special Needs" and request Hotel, taxi, and meals vouchers. However, we will be in the Airport for approximately 14 hours so based on this time frame, will Saudia give us anything? I have attempted to contact Saudia to find out if they will provide us with Hotel, taxi, and meal vouchers but, and perhaps not surprisingly, they have answered none of my emails. Based on the above, here are my questions for the Board:

a) After we arrive, what should we do? Anyone with prior experiences in this type of situation who wishes to share them with us and the Board are encouraged and thanked in advance.

b) If Saudia is no luck for any reason, can anyone suggest a cheap but nice Hotel to us in Riyadh? A window on something, a private bath and/or shower and even breakfast would be very nice but we are open to any good suggestions. Directions, exact would be greatly appreciated, on how to get there from Riyadh International Airport would be greatly appreciated.

c) If you suggest a Hotel, can you tell us a fair and reasonable price in a taxi for from the Riyadh International Airport to this Hotel?

If you have any information and/or advice to share, please post on this Board, private message me, or send to the following email address:

[email protected]

Finally, references to other sites that deal with Saudi related issues would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Eijse

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Eijse on Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
scot47

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigmuu

I would check this out at one of the offices of Saudi Arabian Airlines. Hafr Al-Batin might give you an answer. If not, check it out when you are in Dhahran next.
dmb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arriving in August. Don't tell me there is an organised company in the ME
scot47

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: forward planning Reply with quote

Forward planning is not one of the strong points of our friends in thobe and ghutrah.

I wonder if it might not be an unhealthy obsession with us ? I mean do we really have to plan everything so far ahead ?

Life is about living - and that is today. CARPE DIEM !

Maybe we can learn something from the locals here ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Middle East Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: