Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your input is appreciated re: "MADAR International Scho

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ak_hope

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Your input is appreciated re: "MADAR International Scho Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

I am a new member in the forum. I did a quick search of the UAE and Middle East boards before posting this message to check whether this school has been discussed before. I only found one 2003 thread and all the people who replied didn't know anything about this school.

I was wondering if anyone has heard of MADAR International School (located in Madi, Towayyah, Al-Ain) or knows anyone who works there. Please note that this school used to be called The Rushd Private School.

Any feedback is much appreciated.
acliun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: MADAR International School in Al-Ain Reply with quote

� How are you? I am a New York City high school teacher. I am also interested in teaching in the UAE. I also have a preliminary offer form the MADAR International School in Al-Ain. I have traveled in the Middle East, yet I have never lived or worked as instructor. I would be very interested in sharing any information learned about the MADAR international school, Al-Ain and any other sundry knowledge.

Acliun
ak_hope

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear acliun,

Unfortunately, I have not been able to get any new information regarding Madar International School.

Have they sent you the general information document written by S. Abu-Chakra? It gives you some information about the school and working conditions there (from their perspective of course).

I wasn't too comfortable with the section about salaries. It's too vague. How did you feel about it?

As I mentioned before on this board, although I am Canadian-born and educated, I am of Arab origin and I speak Arabic fluently. From what I've heard and found on the Internet, the expected salary in UAE for a BA + CELTA/TESOL/TEFL holder should be at least 6500, and up to 8000, Dirhams per month. I was offered much less than that by Madar. So I am not sure if that's just what they pay because they seem to be a small school, or if that's what I was offered because of my Arabic background.

It's quite funny and sad that what I had thought would be an advantage turned out to be something that I would get penalized for!

Sincerely,
the-still-hopeful Hope (The Arab discriminated against by Arabs!!)
ak_hope

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, let me know if you need their website's URL.
acliun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Madar: Al-AIN Reply with quote

Dear A.K. Hope. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Seemingly, you would provide the best of both worlds to any prospective employer.

To all concerned: I am still awaiting any final offers and weighing a move to the UAE. I have teaching offers in the USA and abroad. I will accept the position offering the best professional and situational package.

I would also ask for any additional info or guidebook choices on AL-AIN.

Acliun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: