Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Employment Visa Process
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ummkhadija

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Employment Visa Process Reply with quote

Hello:

Well, I have went through several visa threads, and I just can't seem to find the one that answers my question. So excuse me if its a repeat.

I was offered a job in Taif, KSA as a direct hire. Today, I will begin the medical part of the process. However, I am curious since my family is coming along; do they need to go through the medical, police clearance, and authentication of their birth certificates?

Reading the threads, I feel like I am supposed to be the only one doing it, since the employment visa will be under my name, but I just want to make sure if we need to do it, we get it all done now. Also, do they need to do the Enjaz as well?

I have tried calling the consulate in both DC and NY, but to no avail, so I figured I could get better information here, anyway Smile Also, when I do send my documents who do you guys recommend DC or NY?

PM if you like or just answer in the thread.

UmmKhadija
SaudiJobSeeker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I think you are the only person that needs the police clearance. I don't know about the medical part of it. Maybe you should contact your employer and clearify?
scot47

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your employer should be providing guidance through this process. It changes from place to place and through time.

If your employer is NOT providing guidance, that could be the first warning bell.
ummkhadija

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright. Sounds good. I will email my employer.

Thanks for the replies.

UmmKhadija
Never Ceased To Be Amazed

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I have tried calling the consulate in both DC and NY, but to no avail..."

NO! Say it isn's so, Joe!"

Red flag numba one! You ingrate! Laughing

NCTBA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Employment Visa Process Reply with quote

ummkhadija wrote:
I was offered a job in Taif, KSA as a direct hire. Today, I will begin the medical part of the process. However, I am curious since my family is coming along; do they need to go through the medical, police clearance, and authentication of their birth certificates?

Yes, your family need to have the medical tests, and the certification/authentication of marriage certificate, birth certificate, and school certificate (in case you have children in school). Police clearance is not required for your husband.
I advise you to keep a certified copy of your medical file, you may need it when you are in the Magic Kingdom.
Cleopatra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have tried calling the consulate in both DC and NY, but to no avail, so I figured I could get better information here, anyway Also, when I do send my documents who do you guys recommend DC or NY?

In my experience, you're unlikely to have success calling a Saudi embassy. Anyway, as scot says, your employer should be guiding you through this. In fact, you cannot apply for a Saudi visa independent of your employer: the first step - before which you can do nothing - is for them to apply for a visa number for you in Riyadh. They will then send you a copy of your contract along with this number, and only then can you start the applicaton process. You can't just turn up at a SAudi embassy or consulate and ask to apply for a visa.
ummkhadija

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Cleopatra

I have received the documents with the Visa number and all. And I was able to reach someone at the DC office Shocked , but thats after quite a few attempts Rolling Eyes

They are not big on talking, but I got what I needed and I am just now playing the waiting game from the authentication paperwork.

UmmKhadija
Cleopatra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They are not big on talking, but I got what I needed and I am just now playing the waiting game from the authentication paperwork.

Sounds familiar - waiting for one set of pen pushers to finish so the other set of pen pushers can start! Getting a Saudi visa is a long, tedious and sometimes frsutrating and expensive process, but you'll get there in the end!
mortalhera

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: More questions about the process of getting a visa Reply with quote

Would someone who is going through the process of getting a visa be willing to communicate with me?

I can't send or respond to any PM's right now because I haven't posted enough on this forum.

My main question is about what I have to do to authenticate my M.A. in TESOL. Do I have to get a verification letter from the registrar and an official transcript and send those to the Saudi Cultural Mission along with my diploma?

I received a contract from my presumed employer but there was no visa number on it.

I'm starting to get a little worried.

Thank you.
johnslat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear mortalhera,

"I can't send or respond to any PM's right now because I haven't posted enough on this forum."

You can now.

Regards,
John
mortalhera

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: the process of getting a visa Reply with quote

Thank you, John!

I can now pm and thank those who wrote me months ago.
fearnot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: Employment Visa Process Reply with quote

Hi UmmKhadija,
I am almost in the same situation for another university (tried calling embassy with no response etc.). Can you share your experience regarding medical, police clearance, and authentication of birth certificates? I am a direct hire and university is extremely slow. I just received my visa number after waiting for almost a year. Do you know if your spouse/children can accompany you or if you have to first land in Saudi Arabia and then apply for them? Also, did you find out if they needed to do the Enjaz as well?

Also, Saudi Embassy's website states under employment visa requirements
Quote:
5.The original letter from the company in Saudi Arabia sponsoring the applicant, certified both by the Saudi Chamber of Commerce and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
I still haven't received the original contract by mail. Did you receive the original document mailed from Saudi Arabia? Considering their responses to my email (which is supposed to be quicker), I am dreading the time it will take for them to send physical mail from KSA? Please share any information you got from talking to the people in Saudi Embassy (I am assuming you called the embassy in D.C.).
ummkhadija

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi UmmKhadija,

Fearnot:
Quote:
Can you share your experience regarding medical, police clearance, and authentication of birth certificates?

Well, as soon as I received my contract I made an appointment with my MD for the medical. It takes a few days because you have to give stool samples and you also need a TB screening. Also, do a physical, as I was told that they needed a physical in addition to all the tests they needed on the medical sheet they give you on the saudi embassy website. Police clearance was easy, just call your sheriff's office and ask them how you can get a police clearance letter. The birth certficates are already certified, so all you need to do is get it notarized (look online for a notary place in your area, I just went through UPS).

Quote:
I am a direct hire and university is extremely slow. I just received my visa number after waiting for almost a year. Do you know if your spouse/children can accompany you or if you have to first land in Saudi Arabia and then apply for them? Also, did you find out if they needed to do the Enjaz as well?

Your university should have told you when you received your visa block number if it was just for you or for you and your family. My employer said that the number was for all of us, so I just followed all the instructions (paperwork) for the employment visa and my family just did the paperwork for a residence visa. And yes, we all have to do the Enjaz, however I used one of the Visa Offices Registered with Enjaz (http://www.saudiembassy.net/services/visa_offices_registered_with_enjaz.aspx), and they fill in the Enjaz for the entire family.

Quote:
Also, Saudi Embassy's website states under employment visa requirements Quote:
5.The original letter from the company in Saudi Arabia sponsoring the applicant, certified both by the Saudi Chamber of Commerce and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

I still haven't received the original contract by mail. Did you receive the original document mailed from Saudi Arabia? Considering their responses to my email (which is supposed to be quicker), I am dreading the time it will take for them to send physical mail from KSA? Please share any information you got from talking to the people in Saudi Embassy (I am assuming you called the embassy in D.C.).

I did talk to the individuals in DC., and I my employer just sent my contract via email, with their letterhead and information on it. This was enough for the DC embassy.

I hope this helps, if you have any further questions let me know, or you can PM me!

UmmKhadija
holoholo girl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also interested in hearing about the process- especially the authentication of birth certificate and MA TESOL- if this applies to you. I've heard it is easier, & more costly obviously, to have an intermediary do most of this part of the legal legwork & that it is perhaps faster turnaround time as well. Any thoughts on this anyone?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: