Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

legalizing documents

View previous topic :: View next topic  
profchaos

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: legalizing documents Reply with quote

hello there. i have recently been offered a job in qatar, but have been told to get my diploma and tefl certificate legalised and authorised. i am an american, but currently living in germany. my question is do i have to back to the states to get this all taken care of? and i am wondering if any one else has been through this process? any advice would be great.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you don't have to be there... but it is cheaper and easier if you are. I will PM you with the address of a person in the DC area that does this for a price.

VS
keeping_it_real

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is starting to become a very common request in Qatar. No bad thing.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be if it actually proved that you had a degree... but mainly it proves that you have a piece of paper that looks like the real certificates. This is a governmental money making process. If they really want to know that a teacher has a legitimate degree, they should be getting a transcript or other verifications directly from the universities involved.

VS
profchaos

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey VS thanks for you link. the guy seems up to date. the problem i am now having is with legalizing and notarizing my tefl from the czech republic. no one seems to have any idea what they are doing over there. i have called the embassy in usa, germany, and czech. its absolutely frustrating. but your help is great appreciated. thanks
wilberforce

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call the American Embassy! They can notarize your documents if show them the originals. Once they are notarized, take them to the Qatar Embassy (if there is one where you live - the narest place might be Germany). Failing that, get someone in the US to notarize copies of your documents with a lawyer if they can show the originals. All documents have to be stamped by the Min of Foreign Affairs in Qatar after you arrive. Check the Qatar government website, it's called Hukoomi.

http://www.gov.qa/wps/portal/frontpage/!ut/p/c5/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3gzA0sjR18Lk9AgHycLA09vD1NTP3cjYwMDM_1wkA6zeAMcwNFA388jPzdVvyA7rxwAav-zag!!/dl3/d3/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh
paperback

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked these out, also in saudi? You might find the info you need.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Qatar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: