Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any advice for teaching at ACE in Cambodia?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tschmottlach

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:26 am    Post subject: Any advice for teaching at ACE in Cambodia? Reply with quote

I'm inquring about any advice from ex or current teachers who have taught for ACE in Siem Reap or Phnom Phen. I am going to apply to teach at ACE but would like to hear some pros and cons about the company first. Thanks.
khmerhit

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they have branches in phnom penh and siem reap, and in the 90s it was the best paid school , dont know now. however they have lots of tedious meetings, the building is a huge modern thing like you would find on any boring community college site in the west, and if you want to experience cambodia i would avoid it---plus they start you on early shifts--630am
Dave_1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khmerhit wrote:
they have branches in phnom penh and siem reap, and in the 90s it was the best paid school , dont know now. however they have lots of tedious meetings, the building is a huge modern thing like you would find on any boring community college site in the west, and if you want to experience cambodia i would avoid it---plus they start you on early shifts--630am

yeah, I got offered a position, but when stated I would not be willing to do 6am starts...offer has not been followed up on , so am left with the impression they do need 6am teachers, 7.45am am. I'll wait to see if I get sent a contract to sign or agree to...so far nothing in 48hrs post offer
emyli24

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: ACE Reply with quote

Sorry, but this may be a little off topic, but I previously applied to ACE, but didn't get a response. Would anyone know if they are more likely to hire more experienced teachers? I'm a university graduate with limited teaching experience even though I already have CELTA.
MrMrLuckyKhan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:07 am    Post subject: Re: ACE Reply with quote

emyli24 wrote:
Sorry, but this may be a little off topic, but I previously applied to ACE, but didn't get a response. Would anyone know if they are more likely to hire more experienced teachers? I'm a university graduate with limited teaching experience even though I already have CELTA.

are u currently in phnom penh, or did u apply over the net??
emyli24

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I applied over the net. ACE had an ad posted on the job board which required to send resume via email. Is this significant in the hiring process though? Are they more likely to hire teachers that currently reside in Cambodia?
Elicit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before deciding to begin my first year teaching in Indonesia, I also applied via the internet for a position at ACE. Having recently accepted a job offer from a school in Indonesia, I received a reply from ACE just days ago. This was about six to eight weeks after my initial application. It may just be a matter of time. Even though they stated that 'due to the excessive amount of applications...blah...blah...blah...�, they did have the decency to respond.

If you applied via the internet you are probably aware that they state that two years+ teaching experience is required. I've no idea if there are exceptions to this. I surmise that it would depend on the number of applications received.

It may be different if applying in-country as you would be able to attend a face-to-face interview and provide a demonstration lesson if required. Just guessing.

Best of luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: