Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Al Nibras International Special Needs School

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ftawiah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:25 am    Post subject: Al Nibras International Special Needs School Reply with quote

I would like to knw about this school in Kuwait not the one in Dubai. Please tell me about the school also I am in renegotiations with my contract. They are offering me 710 with accomodations, I have a M.Ed and I am in the process of starting my doctoral program with the University of Exeter. I was thinking of asking for a starting salary of 1000
oh and I have 4 years of urban special needs / administration experience. Was HOD of the special needs program for three years.

Please help
bje

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: Al Nibras International Special Needs School Reply with quote

ftawiah wrote:
I would like to knw about this school in Kuwait not the one in Dubai. Please tell me about the school also I am in renegotiations with my contract. They are offering me 710 with accomodations, I have a M.Ed and I am in the process of starting my doctoral program with the University of Exeter. I was thinking of asking for a starting salary of 1000
oh and I have 4 years of urban special needs / administration experience. Was HOD of the special needs program for three years.Please help

A terrible salary, given your quals and experience. It should be 1000 at least- but being Kuwait, it's unlikely that they will want to pay up for 'quality'.
Starfell

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have never heard of this school in Kuwait- does it have another name?
There was one called Hope school which is rumoured to be awful.
Kuwait is not ''up on'' special needs- you may be disapponted at the least or even appalled at the methods and treatment- it isn't Romania, don't get me wrong.

Why not try as a school counsellor here and then go on speck and investigate the school in person?
BTW 710KD is an insult of an offer.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said on the other thread here, this is less than I was paid in 1998 with an MA and experience in TEFL. This is an insult... Kuwait is not exactly a poverty stricken country where one is willing to work for a pittance to help the poor citizens. Rolling Eyes

VS
ftawiah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

I am already negotiating for salary for at least 1000 KWD. Hopefully they will respond. Plus they gave me 150 KWD for accomodations. I was thinking 350 for housing allowance. Who should I call or refer to if I would like to get paid for qualifications like mine. Is there a website I should go to to apply for jobs?
winterwind

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a bachelors degree? I ask that because now so many people with masters on here didn't do their bachelors first.

Is it an online masters?

Are you from western ethnic background?

I think there's a lot of information missing for people to assess how much you are worth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Kuwait All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: