Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bournemouth School of English.any expereince

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orangiey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:21 am    Post subject: Bournemouth School of English.any expereince Reply with quote

just been offered a job here teaching 3 hours every morning...any feedback or expereince anyone has of this school would be great.
P.S. pay is �11.00 per hour (I have 5 years experience, 3 and half years in Spain and aIso have a CELTA and a young leraner certificate)
jai123

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Bournemouth school Reply with quote

Hi,
Just read your post and wandered if you went for the job? If so how did you find it?
orangiey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreadful..the DOS was a patronising control freak and I only survived one term. Most of the students are female au-pairs in their late teens and overall I was glad to be told after one term that the DOS wanted to get back into the classroom and I was no longer required. They also tried not to pay me my accured holiday pay for the 13 weeks I was there (legal requirement, probation period or not). Saying all that it was a job when I arrived back in the UK the day before I started there and got me on my feet. Pay low too for Bournemouth as I got offered other work straight away after I left at �13 and �14 an hour.
Why do you ask...?
jai123

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: RE: Bournemouth school Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I was just curious, as was considering applying. Just got back to London, after teaching for 9 months in Sudan. So just exploring the job market in the UK. It all looks quite depressing:( Hourly rates seem to be really low. But its great that you got a rate of �14.00 in your job. London rates seem to be a lot lower. Did you get your next job through an agency or did you apply direct?
Thanks again for replying:)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: