Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching Secondary School

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Costa Rica
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mel Lisa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:19 am    Post subject: Teaching Secondary School Reply with quote

I am a secondary school teacher in Canada and I am thinking of relocating to CR to teach English in the public school system because there are just no jobs in Ontario right now. Does anyone have any info on how to go about securing secondary school teaching jobs in CR? I am interested in teaching English. I will certainly be checking with the CR embassy in Ottawa but I would like to know if anyone has had any experience with trying to find a job in the public school system. I am willing to commit for a 2 year period teaching in a high school so that I can get my Spanish to a more advanced level. Also, does anyone have any idea how much a secondary school teacher is expected to make? I have a BEd plus CTESL plus an MA in TESOL, so teaching in a university or escuela secundaria is my goal. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
jprimm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With your background you should be able to get a job in a private school. The pay is much better and less hassels...Public schools here are unfortunately terrible. Some of the private schools are very good and they pay well for here.
Daddyo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Public schools Reply with quote

jprimm wrote:
With your background you should be able to get a job in a private school. The pay is much better and less hassels...Public schools here are unfortunately terrible. Some of the private schools are very good and they pay well for here.

That's right, you worked at one didn't you? I had a job at a private colegio that wasn't bad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Costa Rica All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: