Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Working in Mendoza?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina
View previous topic :: View next topic  
susant7

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Working in Mendoza? Reply with quote

Hi!

I recently backpacked through Argentina, and am heading back to Mendoza at the end of July. I was hoping to get some info regarding teaching work, and general information about living there...
I have my TEFL, have worked in schools (in Oz) with kids on a volunteer basis, but no formal english teaching experience...

When is the hiring season? any recommendations to language schools (I believe only InterCultural have a website), cost of living, hourly wage, best place to learn Spanish etc ...
My general understanding from a few PM replies is that once you arrive, just approach the schools, but any more info or ideas in general, would be greatly appreciated! Very Happy
Also, if I am unable to find work teaching, any thoughts on other types of work one can get, hostels/bars?

Cheers!
matttheboy

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM alex42, i think he's the only person who uses this board to have actually worked there for a reasonable amount of time. he's got a blog here as well http://www.thealexlife.blogspot.com/ , lots of rude words, but i think he's from the North, a land of freezing wind and rain so after that hardship i think we can let him off. and the monopoly post is really quite entertaining.
susant7

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that! I have PM'd alex42, and yes, he was very helpful. Just thought i'd see if anyone else had thoughts..
Oh, and did also check out his blog, had a great laugh! Laughing esp the monopoly post, and the **ahem** interview with his lovely neighbour..
Alex42

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank ya�ll for the kind comments!

Sorry about all the rude words on my blog. I�m not a sweary sort of person, but sometimes I do anyway when no other words seem to fit the bill (and for comedic effect). Very Happy

I�m actually from Leicester, but before Argentina I lived in Sheffield, where it�s grim and people race whippets, where flat caps and keep coal in�t bath. It�s much better than Leicester though, so I tell everyone here that I�m from Sheffield.

I�m always happy to supply information on Mendoza. Including that you should go to Cafe Levoni on Col�n (opposite Norte) on Wednesday nights at 9.30pm, to meet other natives and english-speaking Argentines, and to drink beer. Nice.
eskimojoe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably going to Mendoza. I'm in Santiago right now but I want to start applying to schools in Mendoza. Alex pm me if you get this message. Otherwise I'll pm you when I get more posts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: