Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mendoza

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 6:55 pm    Post subject: Mendoza Reply with quote

Has anyone got any info on Mendoza? ie. good schools, working/living conditions etc. I know there mightn�t be a lot of work there at the moment because of the economic situation Evil or Very Mad but I�m willing to give it a try.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Jack. Very Happy
mapleleaf79

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject: re:mendoza Reply with quote

In response to your inquiry about mendoza, i'd have to say that it's not all that bad. i have been here for just over 4 months now and am working at an institute called Intercultural. the pay isn't the greatest but if you can get about 15 to 20 hours a week it's enough to live on, if you have cheap rent. you can get apartments from 150 to 400 pesos a month here. there are other schools here too, but the way to get a job here is to go to the place in person, cv in hand. the working conditions are ok. could be better, could be a lot worse. as for the living conditions, mendoza is supposed to be the cleanest, or one of, cities in argentina. people are super friendly, the food is amazing as the wine and women are too. it's pretty easy to get around by bus, and if you have to a taxi which is relatively cheap too. hope this helps.

cheers,
Barret
eskimojoe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mapleleaf. I'm in Santiago but I'm looking for a place that is a little more laid-back and where my dollar can stretch farther. Thanks for telling me about Intercultural. I will try applying there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: